Senior DevOps Engineer
Engineering | Remote | Contract
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $50 - $75 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior DevOps Engineer for our client.
About The Role
As our Senior DevOps Engineer, you’ll help lead the DevOps team in building world-class infrastructure environments. With the goal of rapid growth in mind, you’ll test and iterate, secure, automate, and scale systems. Because of the expertise, you bring to the table, you’ll create, document, and manage workflows for automation tools that support the software development lifecycle.
You will have the opportunity to interface with the internal development, product teams, and actively communicate with users and stakeholders to keep all members informed, accountable, and clear on expectations.
As our Senior DevOps Engineer you will:
- Design and architect high availability and auto-scalable solutions ● Manage our AWS accounts including provisioning users and ensuring security best practices
- Collaborate with developers to build serverless solutions
- Implement disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Secure and monitor complex public internet-facing enterprise systems ● Build collaborative relationships with stakeholders at universities and providers across their administrative and technical units
- Manage third-party technology partners and integrating systems ● Train colleagues on best application of learning technologies to achieve program and course outcomes
- Join a thriving start-up, which means you must be able to embrace uncertainty with poise
- 3+ years of software implementation or customer success expertise
- OS: Ubuntu, Microsoft Server AND Scripting languages: Python, shell programming
- Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, AWS Opsworks, AWS CLI
- Continuous Integration and deployment experience with Jenkins, CircleCI, Code Climate
- Amazon Web Services: EC2, VPC, S3, ELB, RDS, CloudFront, Lambda, Cloudtrail, GuardDuty, ECS, Athena, Lake Formation, Redshift
- Experience using different Security tools such as Qualys, Alertlogic, SonarQube, Synk
- Database machine administration knowledge and experience to install, patching, user management with Relational Databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL and NoSQL databases like MongoDB.
- Cloud Monitoring Tools: CloudWatch, Nagios, Ganglia, Kibana, Carbon, Graphite
- Experience with Active Directory setup and configuration, as well as a strong foundation in other directory service technologies including LDAP, DNS, SSO, and ADFS
- Fluency with DevOps concepts, code deployment processes, microservices, serverless architectures
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure, including networking, server management, and information security, and the ability to provide hands-on support
- Familiarity with a wide array of system security-related technologies, in particular, threat detection and security inspection engines
- Love of standardizing processes including testing, building, and documenting the necessary steps for deploying technologies, illustrating workflows, resolving escalated issues, and utilizing support tools
- A strong track record of hitting goals and a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and build relationships with internal and external organizations
- B.S./B.A. strongly preferred and AWS Certified Solutions Architect (CSA) certification is a huge bonus
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.