Senior Cloud Security Engineer / Architect (Freelance, Remote)
Product Development | Remote, - / +4 hrs from PDT | Full Time and Contract
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (40 hours per week, project ongoing)
LOCATION: Remote (Must be located in CST or EST timezone)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $70 - 100 USD / HR
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need an experienced and well-rounded designer for this client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT & THE PROJECT
Our client's team is a diverse group of IT professionals driving the biggest IT operations landscape and digital transformation in the Consumer Goods industry. They enable their company to engage with millions of consumers using a product-driven approach with leading technologies and solutions. Innovating through machine learning, advanced analytics, and automation, they are driving industry 4.0 opportunities in areas like supply chain and manufacturing. They are looking for people who are curious, courageous, innovative, collaborative, and passionate about solving complex problems using new technologies.
The ideal candidate can roll into the existing IT Security team, evaluate the current infrastructure/planned roadmap, and quickly move forward executing on delivery (inclusive of any suggested modification based on your expertise). They are a friendly, open, and honest team looking for their next team player who can step in and enhance their roadmap while helping deliver on their overall security strategy.
The existing team has a North America hub in St. Louis, MO and the expectation is that you will need to do some travel (pending COVID) from time to time to be with the team in Missouri (<10% travel). We are looking for a full-time person and the project is ongoing.
As a Senior Security Architect, you will be responsible for:
- Evaluate, architect, and support infrastructure and services architecture/designs in Azure, GCP, and AWS from a network and security perspective.
- Use your advanced understanding of authentication protocols, core network, and system security principles along with your up-to-date understanding of modern attack patterns and methods to advise and drive security into all the Cloud Infrastructure and services.
- Advise and consult on risk assessment, threat modeling, and vulnerability remediation.
- Advise an evolving team on Azure, GCP, and AWS best practices; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members, creating improved processes, and mentoring team members.
- Upgrading security systems by monitoring the security environment, identifying security gaps, evaluating, and implementing enhancements.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Engineering, or related 5+ years of experience in system and/or network security engineering and architecture.
- Subject matter expert for security in one or more cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Proven ability in designing and delivering enterprise-level security solutions.
- Experience providing consultation to business and technology partners on security requirements to validate or redirect less experienced engineers on the direction.
- Experience developing large distributed systems and cloud services that are scalable, reliable, secure, and supportable.
- Extensive experience in agile development environments
- No CERTS required, but nice to have
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.