Senior Cloud Engineer (US Only, Direct Hire)
Engineering | Remote, - / +4 hrs from PDT | Contract | From $120.00 to $175.00 per hour
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: )
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $120 - $175 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience managing, diagnosing, and debugging large-scale distributed production systems, including: both containerized and traditional applications, relational and non-relational databases, caching services, and pubsub/event-driven applications.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Deep understanding of Amazon Web Services APIs (EKS, ELB, WAF, CloudWatch, RDS, VPC, Route53)
- Skills with infrastructure as code practices, version control, and CI/CD. We use terraform, git, and GitHub Actions.
- Deep knowledge of containerization tech (Kubernetes, docker, etc.) and how to incorporate Amazon’s services into EKS.
- Experience designing for business continuity expectations (service resilience, graceful degradation, disaster recovery)
- Networking expertise topics (TCP/IP, HTTP, web application security, multi-tier web application architectures)
- Ability to apply analysis techniques (systems & application monitoring, root cause analysis, capacity planning)
- Practical, proven knowledge of at least one high-level language (Go, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Expertise with linux operating systems and strong knowledge of nuances with containerization
- Effective communication abilities and confidence when working in a self-sufficient manner to accomplish goals set out by the team
This is a unique opportunity because on the Cloud Engineering team we help deliver the goals of the business from end to end. On no other team do you get to have as much insight into the inner workings of our systems. We strive to make reliable, secure, and practical recommendations to the business that heavily relies on our direct expertise to provide our customers the best investment experience possible.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.