Senior Android Engineer (Freelance Contract, Remote)
Product Development | Remote, - / +4 hrs from PDT | Full Time and Contract
ESTIMATED HOURS PER WEEK: 40hrs (Full-time opportunity)
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position
CONTRACT DURATION: Short, one-time project (possibility for a longer project)
LOCATION: Remote (Location must overlap at least 6 hours with PST timezone)
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need an experienced senior Android Engineer to join this high profile team.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT & PROJECT
Our client is a design and digital product agency. They create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world.
Since 2009, they have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Their work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari and more).
Their bread and butter is in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, service design, and moment mapping. Their work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Ad Age, ABC, CNBC and more.
They create products and experiences that make a lasting impact.
About the Role:
Their Android group ensures that our client delivers first-class Android products that delight their clients. Working in collaboration with their engineering, design and quality assurance teams, you will build software that solves real-world problems.
Success is achieved by passionately advocating for technical excellence, software quality, and process/organizational improvements. Through your leadership and mentorship, you will serve as a role model for your team; guiding them to success, milestone after milestone.
- Lead and mentor one or more Android teams in the development of user-first mobile applications
- Non-leadership roles are also available for less experienced Android developers
- Hands-on contribution to the development of mobile applications. Serve as a role model for code quality, process, and its improvements
- Hands-on coding, system analysis, design, and the delivery of a digital system
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner within project constraints
- Cultivate a collaborative working environment and a culture of ownership with a growing team
- Provide strong technical guidance to project team members so that their abilities and the overall project quality are enhanced
- 8 years minimum overall experience in software programming with 6 years minimum specializing in Android application development
- At least 2-3 published applications on the Android Marketplace available for immediate download and review by their team
- Extensive use of Kotlin, Java I/O, Collections, Algorithms, and other well-known application frameworks
- Confident in developing rich GUI’s for Android
- Experience with source code management techniques using Git and/or SVN
- Solid grasp of algorithms, memory management, object-oriented programming,
- MVC programming, and concurrent programming
- Extensive experience detecting and correcting memory usage issues, as well as optimizing code for application performance
- A deep understanding of operating system fundamentals such as processes, inter-process communication, multi-threading primitives, race conditions and deadlocks
- Ability to function effectively and communicate with cross-functional teams --
- Design, Project/Product Management, Quality Assurance, Strategy, Data Science,
- Innovations Team, Marketing, Talent, etc, and manage continuously changing business needs
Ideal Candidate Mindset:
- Resourceful — you are a go-getter that leads by example, drives self-research and is an endless problem solver
- Clear — you provide clear and actionable direction to your team and clients
- Honesty — Honesty and Integrity are key values for you personally, and you bring them to the workplace every day
- Collaborative — a dynamic team player, you are proactive about soliciting and giving feedback
- Passionate — you love quality engineering, design and technology and the role it has in shaping the future
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS
Qualified candidates will be invited to fill out a short screening questionnaire and learn more about our model. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project. Candidates will be invited to bid on additional projects that are a fit as well.