Research Engineer / Cryptoeconomist (Freelance, Remote, NO C2C)
Product Development | Remote, - / +4 hrs from PDT | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No C2C/agencies (See notes below)
ESTIMATED HOURS PER WEEK: 40hrs (Full-time opportunity)
CONTRACT DURATION: Long-term, ongoing project
HOURLY RANGE: $90-$125/h
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Cryptoeconomist for our client.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Research Engineer/Cryptoeconomist will serve as part of an interdisciplinary research team applying scientific principles to discover and develop economic systems meeting high level descriptive goals using tools from an array of disciplines from multi-agent control to mechanism design. The Engineer is responsible for developing and documenting mathematical models based on requirements from internal and external stakeholders. The Engineer will use formal analysis techniques to refine economic models by characterizing evolutionary tendencies and attack vectors, as well as using stochastic process simulations to explore system trajectories and define practical bounds on system parameters. The Engineer will have opportunities to present work to technical and non-technical audiences, both publicly and privately.
- Capture and document descriptive models of economic systems from whitepapers, conference calls and in person meets and characterize as formal goals
- Extend formal models with complete notation, assumptions and characterize analytically the immediate consequences of these definitions and assumptions
- Propose and evaluate incentive mechanisms to align local agent goals with system level goals
- Create simulation tools for dynamical systems representing the evolution of economic systems at various level detail from agent based to macro-economic
- Use simulation tools to run repeated stochastic process driven numerical experiments for a wide range of environmental conditions and behavioral assumptions
- Use data analysis tools to evaluate experimental results and make recommendations regarding the assumptions and conditions under which a particular set of incentives will be adequate to achieve the stated goal of the economic system Use data analysis tools to evaluate data collected directly from economic networks to verify that the intended dynamics are emerging, and to recommend tuning system parameters as needed
- Support in the design and development of economic health indicators and operational analytics Provide reports and/or requirements documents to stakeholders
- M.S. or higher in Engineering, Robotics, Operations Research, Economics or related field
- Masters Level Course work in Optimization and/or Decision Science
- 4+ years research experience in Industry or Academia
- Knowledge/experience with blockchain/cryptocurrency
- Advanced Numerical Computing skills (Matlab, Python, R)
- Advanced Mathematical Analysis skills (ability to write formal proofs)
- Proficient with a scripting language
- Proficient with data manipulation and visualization
- Proficient with LaTeX mathematical typesetting language
- Good presentation and communication skills—visual and verbal
- Ability work with a heterogeneous team to achieve a common goal
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.