Engineering | Remote | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $100 - $150 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 70Hrs/Week - Long-term, ongoing project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a QA Engineer for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
They are a group of innovation & business-building professionals located in Silicon Valley and in Atlanta, GA.
They are building a Construction Technology platform to bring new digital services, workflow tools, and data transparency to the construction industry.
- Solve massive problems for customers
- We approach problems with a lean startup methodology, focused on in-depth user research and addressing the most critical problems first. We are a technology and innovation team that leads with voice of customer, value-based pricing, and strong secondary research and competitive analysis.
- Visibility to senior leadership
- Our team reports directly to the CEO and operates autonomously within the company. In this role, you will work closely with Product, Engineering & Innovation Strategy teams.
- Work with great companies
We work with some of the most innovative companies in construction technology, additive manufacturing, and supply chain. Our partners range from Y Combinator startups to multi-billion-dollar unicorns. You’ll have unparalleled access to their technologies and the freedom to explore new and innovative ways of solving customer problems.
You are a hands-on Quality automation leader who has worked in agile, lean, high-performing teams asserting the quality for digital services or SaaS platforms. Ideally, you’ve vetted modern-day E2E reactive web platforms, microservices in cloud and on-premise environments for quality & customer experience. From ground 0 and ambiguous start-up environment to a fully productized team, you have successfully navigated through all of it.
As an ideal candidate you:
- Are a Self-initiator, doer and results-oriented
- Thrive in an environment of honesty, responsibility, and accountability
- Understand the importance of prioritization & positive criticism
- Know how to quickly show results while keeping an eye on the bigger vision
- Are passionate about Quality assurance & user experience
You have hands-on experience in automating tests for SPA & MPA built with the latest reactive technologies and microservices. From Functional to Resiliency, your quality certifications are guided by Customer experience, Agility & Extensibility as north stars. Your professional journey should consist of:
- Technical Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3-6 years of Quality/Testing Automation experience is required
- Use of tools like Node.JS, Jest, and Mocha in testing
- Build Test automation for Microservices, Modern UI frameworks & Mobile apps from ground zero
- Postman experience, REST API experience, and overall API integration testing experience is required
- Good understanding of the latest web technologies, Testing processes, Tools,
- Cloud Deployments, Containerization, Authentication Systems & Protocols
- Ability to break & validate designs & deliverables, preventing a bad customer experience
- Solid coding skills
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.