Product Manager – Payments/Fintech/DLT (NO C2C!)
Product Development | London, England, United Kingdom | Contract
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (UK-based candidates only)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $70 - $120 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, Ongoing project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior Data Architect for our client.
About the Role
You will be working on a Web App and a Mobile App.
We are looking for an experienced product manager to help drive ideation, implementation and delivery of solutions to challenging problems. You wake up in the morning desiring to make an impact. You are passionate about your craft and enjoy collaborating and helping others. You are reliable, resourceful and a creative problem solver who has a strong track record of delivery. You are an advocate for building sustainable, secure and scalable products.
We value your personal insight and ideas as much as your technical skills. In no particular order, some of the things we look for most in candidates are: a desire to collaborate on complex problems, a willingness and interest in learning from anyone (aka a "growth mindset"), a sense of humbleness, and an appreciation of puns.
First few deliverables
- Project Scope, Planning and WBS
- Open banking integrations
- DLT payment app
- Experience and proven track record of covering wide scope of payments-related tasks;
- Experience in a Payment Processor, Alternative Payment Provider, Remittance, PSP, Acquirer, Issuer, Gaming / Gambling, Forex, e-Commerce
- Knowledge of various international payment systems – especially UK Faster Payments and Open Banking framework
- Understanding of bank and payment protocols (cut-off times, balancing…) and how to apply them on an operational level
- High interest in shaping the crypto industry, as well as the financial services industry
- Extensive market research and analysis capability
- Ability to work with deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
- Familiar with Agile framework (SCRUM) is advantageous
- Excellent analytical, organisational and communication skills
- A strong eye for detail and enthusiasm for following payment and compliance procedures rigorously
- A good understanding of payment processes, money movements and reconciliation;
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way; ability to influence and develop relationships with key partners
Nice to have
- Data analytics skills. Ability to design product performance dashboard, and optmize the product using data driven approach.
- Full-stack software development experience
- Experience in working with both public and permissioned blockchain technologies and distributed ledgers
What makes this a great opportunity
- Huge responsibilities from Day 1. Be the owner of your own learning curve. The possibilities are limitless and depend on you
- You will get to have involvement in developing a brand-new product from scratch alongside with a talented team; the chance to ideate, develop and implement a tool that will genuinely impact the future of finance
- Spend your time solving challenging (and fun!) problems centered around digital currencies & their adoption to create phenomenal products
- Flexible hours
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.