Product Manager/Buissness Analyst (Freelance, Remote)
Product Development | Remote, - / +4 hrs from PDT | Full Time and Contract
ESTIMATED HOURS PER WEEK: 40
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (long-term, ongoing project)
LOCATION: Remote (Must be located in Europe or within 2 hours)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $50-$70 USD / HR
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need an experienced and well-rounded product manager for this client.
About the Company:
Our client is focused on designing financial solutions that align with the organizing principles of this new economy. They partner with market networks to design fundamentally new financial products, share in the revenues earned from financing customers and freelancers, and help companies grow their capabilities and profits. They align incentives by tying their success to the customer, powering the future of work in the digital, on-demand economy by empowering those who daily create opportunities within it. They are building a platform/network of freelancers that will provide community, network, and services to other freelancers.
We are looking for a rising star Product Manager and Business Analyst who will be the vital link between our R&D technology team and cross-functional business team by supporting and ensuring the successful development of innovative financial software products. Essentially, you will be creating product specifications and putting it to paper. We are building a platform/network of freelancers that will provide community, network, and services to other freelancers.
- Define product specifications and detailed business requirements using Agile Methodology in the form of Epics, User Stories
- Perform quality assurance testing of software working with R&D team including functional/regression testing, bug reporting, and end-to-end test cycles
- Define reporting and alerting/operational requirements
- Own and develop relationships with team members, working with them to optimize and enhance our product design & development
- Help design, document, and maintain system processes
- Communicate on key insights/findings, common sources of technical issues or questions, and make recommendations to the product team
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve functionality and deliver a great experience to the product users
- Previous experience in Business / Systems Analysis or Quality Assurance
- Proven experience in eliciting requirements from business users, detailed documentation of those requirements, and software testing
- Financial services domain knowledge & past experience in requirements gathering for financial applications ideally in the consumer / retail market segment that integrated third party services such as payment processors, banks, and other financial service providers
- Prior experience in Agile Methodologies used in software development including using tools JIRA, Confluence
- Experience in analyzing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualization techniques and tools
- Basic knowledge in generating process documentation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills and presenting to a range of audiences
- Some programming experience & systems development preferred but not required.
- Deep intellectual curiosity with a constant desire to learn new things. Have an
- Agile mindset and able to handle changing business needs & priorities
- Enthusiastic team player, collaborator, problem solver, highly productive in a fast-paced startup environment with the ability to work under pressure on multiple projects
The Ideal Candidate:
- Good understanding of product development in the software arena
- Experience working in financial services, banking, retail
- Your vision is to build for a global audience
- You have worked with a globally distributed team before
- Flexibility in day2day, as well as working hours, is imperative
- You are hoping for a potential long-term engagement
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with Braintrust talent matching team. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.