Product Manager, Agile (C2H, NYC/Tampa, No C2C)
Product Development | New York City, NY | Temp to Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote, mostly (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $60 - $70 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, ongoing project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Product Manager for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
This is a contract-to-hire engagement. If things work out, you should expect to receive an offer for a full time role and accept it within the first 3 months and convert at the end of the 6-month contract.
Ideally, Tampa, NYC will need to come into the office 1-2 times per week.
This contract engagement is fully payrolled/W2'ed and the budget range is adjusted accordingly.
About the role
The Product Manager is a vital member of our client’s global transformation organization. Sitting within the Finance Transformation Office’s PMO Office, the Senior Product Manager will work to transform our client.
The Product Manager will be responsible for achieving the target improvement for a program of the transformation, using modern practices (Agile, Lean, Design Thinking, etc.). They will have a strategic solution mindset and will be able to develop the vision of the Product and solution managers they lead.
They will support the PMO office which manages and coordinates work across key pillars of the transformation program including culture, risk and controls, architecture and technology, data, and communication. They love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
- Lead a cross functional agile team to develop and lead the strategy to deliver end-to-end process improvement for a program in the client's finance transformation.
- Working with teams and stakeholders to define metrics to determine implement and measure success metrics throughout and at each stage of the process.
- Manage the program end to end, including all the processes embedded within it
- Work with the individual Product Owners of each team within the program, Process or Agile release train to achieve the target outcome.
- Planning and running Program Increments
- Setting OKRs or similar goal frameworks to inspire your team and hold yourself and your team to account.
- Ensure close collaboration with stakeholders: managing them in terms of expectations, dependencies and buy-in
- Update and Prioritize program / project backlogs in collaboration with other Product Owners
- Collaborate with other product owners and central product owners of the area and beyond
- Partner with business leaders to understand their unique businesses and processes and how they can be streamlined in a way that enhances controls, creates efficiencies, and drives business growth
- Lead strategic initiatives, analyses, and projects
- Coordinates risks and issues across the product
- Identifies and resolves risk and issues where possible or escalates to leadership as required
- Analyze reports to identify trends, patterns, and issues related to the management of Finance Transformation initiatives, and present findings and recommendations to Program Leads
- Continuously assess the Finance Transformation Office PMO Office initiatives and introduce improvements and best practices, as needed
- 2+ years of experience as Product or Solution Manager; mastery of modern product management practices, especially Agile, but also Lean, Design Thinking, etc.
- Experience leading a team of teams.
- Be analytical minded and strategic solutions oriented
- Have a can-do attitude
- Take and execute decisions, in collaboration with your team and a team of teams.
- Incident management skills
- Be able to pay attention to details while keeping the overview
- Collaborate with people and be able to motivate, empower, challenge and stimulate them
- Strong communications (written, verbal and interpersonal) skills, including tact, diplomacy, and ability to influence senior executives
- Experience in supporting transformation projects and organizational change initiatives.
- Experience within the Financial Services or another regulated industry is preferred.
- Experience in supporting the development and implementation of new business processes
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative skills; being able to analyze data, draw conclusions, identify trends and issues, and diagnose root cause of issues
- Ability to build relationships and partner across a complex organization
- Ability to support a cross-functional project team with varied disciplines.
- Proven experience in providing quality control and oversight to a portfolio of projects.
- Track record of success in delivering high quality work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Analytical mindset to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations
- A leader who will implement initiatives effectively and motivate others to contribute
- Experience or demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-based environment within a heavily matrixed organization
- Integrity, maturity, dependability, a positive professional attitude
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
- Results Orientation
- Strategic Orientation
- Strong analytical, problem solving, project management and people management skills.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.