Operations | Remote | Full Time and Contract
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: GMT -5GMT -6GMT -7GMT -8 )
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $75 - $90 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term project
- Product Management
- Stakeholder Management
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Product Manager, Design Systems for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Design Systems at our client's support cross-platform experiences spanning both the Buyer and Seller sides of our marketplace on Native Apps and Web. We enable product teams to build customer-centric experiences, using consistent interfaces, brand-aligned components and reusable code. The team’s responsibilities range from building components and tools, maintaining documentation, coaching teams on how to use the system and ensuring they craft an experience that’s accessible to all of its customers. Our direct customers include internal Product Managers, Product Designers, and Product Engineers, with whom we collaborate to build better experiences for our shared external customers, our client's buyers and sellers.
You will work directly with Design, Product, Engineering, Research, Analytics and other partners to craft our growing landscape of systems that will shape the future of our client's customer experience. Your work will have a multiplier effect as your products are used by all of our client’s product teams, and touch every piece of the customer journey.
- Lead the team in developing, improving and refining the systems and components designers and engineers use to build the client's experience
- Own the evolution and execution of a vision and strategy for our expansion into a dedicated Seller design system
- Balance existing Buyer-focused scope with delivery of our new Seller-focused design system
- Run roadmap, priorities, and day-to-day sprint work
- Dive deep to document project plans and outline objectives for the team to tackle, writing tickets as needed
- Socialize Design Systems work through showcases, newsletters and other forums, and collaborate with partners to gather feedback
- Work with analytics and research partners to plan project scope and experiments
- Partner with design and engineering leads to run team operations in an agile environment
- Communicate plans and progress to cross-functional partners and stakeholders
- Work with leads to define and measure progress on quarterly OKRs and write squad-level reflections
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Experienced Product Manager that's passionate about creating impactful product experiences for customers.
Although Design Systems experience is not required, relevant experience could include building products that enable other teams, knowledge of design systems, etc.
Communication is your superpower! You are able to explain sophisticated concepts to a technical and non-technical audience.
You have a proven track record of solving amorphous problems, listening to and organizing large amounts of information into a coherent plan forward, and handling difficult prioritizations.
You have deep appreciation for your customers and partners and can get people to a place of understanding, even if they don’t necessarily agree.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.