Product Designer - Digital Incubator Team
Design | New York City, NY | Full Time and Contract
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: GMT -5GMT -8GMT -7GMT -6)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $95 - $115 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
HIGH-LEVEL QUALIFICATIONS: Figma, UI/UX Design, User Flows, Prototyping, WireFrames
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a UI/UX Designer for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Guardian Digital, a well-capitalized incubator based in New York City, is determined to define the future of insurtech. We are a passionate, small, and mighty team of strategists, marketers, designers and engineers obsessed with being among the first in an industry being disrupted by technology. We are as obsessed with our customers and measuring results, and see opportunities to learn every day.
We are excited by our successes in the highly competitive digital insurance marketplace. Guardian Direct® and Dental Exchange are meeting our mission to democratize and make quality insurance accessible to all people.
At the same time, we’re not a team that rests easy. In parallel, we are exploring new and equally disruptive business models, and are looking for an Experience Designer to join our Incubation Team in the early stages of a new start up venture. We are looking for an experienced B2B digital distribution experience designer that has worked on insurance quoting and purchase solutions for small businesses. If you are energized by a test and learn approach, working on stuff that moves the needle, and have a passion for tech that empowers people, we may be the fit for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Be part of the design process including planning, prioritizing, and scheduling design releases
- Design UX with a conversion optimization focused mindset
- Balance customer frictions and needs with business goals, market viability, and technical feasibility
- Translate customer insights into concepts, user journeys, storyboards, system maps, user flows, wireframes, and prototypes using Figma, Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision, and other design tools
- Incorporate user research and usability testing to iterate on product solutions
- Produce UX documentation for website and conversion flows, including sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes
- Collaborate effectively with multi-disciplinary teams including Product Managers, Engineers, Marketers, and Corporate Executives
- Work with marketing to build upon brand guidelines, online advertising creatives, and website optimizations
- Partner with engineering to ensure designs are properly implemented
- Interested in being a collaborative team player and focused on designing products for empowerment of teammates and customers
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Proven experience delivering concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and more
- 7+ years of design experience
- Firm understanding of a digital product’s lifecycle and design systems
- Working experience with Figma, Sketch, Adobe CS, and InVision
- Good understanding of development processes and tools, familiarity with basic HTML/CSS, React, APIs etc.
- Fluent in analytics, usability tests, and other forms of qualitative and quantitative feedback to inform the creative process
- Understanding of the requirements of the design process, including typical time and resources needed is to produce quality work
- Iterates rapidly as ideas emerge and priorities change to meet the needs of projects
- Eye for detail and a great sense of aesthetics and functionality
- Strong oral, written and social skills to articulately express and present rationale behind design decisions in a purposeful and thoughtful way
- Excellent people management skills to collaborate with colleagues and cross-functional teams
- Ability and high interest in creating illustrations or iconography is a bonus.
- Ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment
- Insurance and healthcare industry experience is a plus
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.