Principal/Senior Java Engineer [Remote, NO C2C]
Engineering | Remote | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (Must overlap full time with US Time Zones)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $65 - $80 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, ongoing project
Cloud scale architectural experience with Java
JVM based languages (Scala, Clojure, Kotlin, etc.)
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior Java Engineer for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Our Client is a cyber identity company that is focused on fundamentally changing the way we access secure services at the convergence of digital, physical, and AI/ML worlds. They are seeking a talented and experienced Principal/Senior Platform (Java) Engineer to drive, architect, and code core components of their product.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Braintrust is helping our client match to an individual contributor that will be a member of the lead engineering team, working with both internal and sourced engineers driving a consistently high-quality product across our cloud and on-prem platform components for customers. Their current solution is highly scalable, clustered for fault tolerance, multi-region, multi-tenant, handling secure asynchronous transactions, notifications, and multiplexed communication. Self-motivation and a personal strive for building great things are a must for this role. As our client is a start-up, your input and contributions in other various aspects of the company will be expected and valued.
Cloud scale architectural experience with Java and associated frameworks is a must. Bonus points for distributed computing and processing experience at scale.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be playing a key role working directly with their platform architects on the overall architecture, design, and engineering of our Platform, Identity Servers, and related components including the design on both RESTful interfaces and Message Queues that enable our adapters, agents, mobile, and other integrations. You will be part of influencing the overall direction our client's platform/product.
- Develop (coding) complex software systems that will scale to millions of users on our Cloud Platform
- Work cross-functionally in an agile environment with business owners, mobile development team, Ui/Ux, and Data Science team
- Research, recommend, compare, experiment with and integrate new services, frameworks, and tools
- Mentor others on the team, helping them to succeed and grow
Skills and Experience
- Must have significant experience in Java
- Nice to have experience with Kotlin or other JVM based languages (Scala, Clojure, etc.)
- Nice to have Python experience
- Very comfortable with Cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, Google)
- Proven experience working in complex technology environments
- Passionate about technology innovation and adoption
- Experience with Spring Framework
- Experience with Apache Ignite
- Strong knowledge of the cybersecurity and identity space, standards including SAML, OIDC, OAuth, SCIM.
- Distributed computing and processing experience at scale
- Experience with high volume data processing and streaming technologies such as Kafka
To be successful in this role, you must be a highly motivated individual who is experienced enough to plan ahead and document your work amidst a fast-paced environment.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.