Performance Engineer - JMeter, E-Commerce, Microservices
Engineering | Remote | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: GMT -4GMT -5GMT -6GMT -7GMT -8GMT -9GMT -9:30GMT -10 )
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $80 - $110 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, on going month project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Performance Engineer - JMeter, E-Commerce, Microservices for our client.
We are looking for an experienced performance engineer who can partner with us to bring the team to the next level who can help us ensure current system stability, while advancing performance engineering into our microservice transformation. The role is expected to be a partner in the journey, so we are looking for someone who can identify opportunities in tools, process, and execution and delivery
- Coordination with engineering teams for new application performance needs
- Recommendations for improvements to process, tools, execution of performance testing
Skills and Experience
- Partner with the development team to create accurate performance test models that closely replicate production
- Develop performance tests based on model
- Perform load tests to validate system performance and stability.
- Should be able to form complex queries in the sql/ no SQL DBs for data extraction.
- Analyze tests results and work with Developers and Engineers to perform bug fixes.
- Provide technical assistance to improve system performance, capacity, reliability and scalability.
- Perform root cause analysis of performance issues and suggest corrective actions.
- Oversee system performance lifecycle and identify key metrics for performance improvements.
- Evaluate system performances and recommend improvements.
Tech Stack Focus
- Apache Jmeter
- Cloud resiliency perf testing.
- Monitoring experience Grafana / Splunk / New Relic or equivalent
- Strong scripting skills in C/C++
- Automation CICD (Jenkins/Bamboo/Git/Ansible)
Other Nice to Have Experience
- Microfocus Stormrunner or enterprise performance testing equivalent
- Automation and CICD experience (Ansible / Jenkins / Bamboo / Git)
- Experience with Chaos engineering (Chaos Monkey, Turbulence, or equivalent)
- Java background.
- JVM Tuning.
- Service Virtualization (Parasoft, Blazemeter, or equivalent)
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.