Engineering | Remote | Contract
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $40 - $50 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior .NET Developer for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
A company redefining payment processing and customer engagement via two-way text communication. Opening this two-way communication with customers will help mitigate risk, improve customer service, and increase revenue. Everyware is growing. The company continues expanding its platform, expertise, and services to enable every business in need of easy-to-use, contactless payment collection and messaging solutions.
We are looking for a talented, self-motivated senior level applications developer to join our rapidly growing company and contribute to future initiatives. The ideal candidate is responsible for building software using primarily the .NET suite of technologies.
Job responsibilities will include working independently and with a team on modifying, upgrading and maintaining existing applications, and contributing to new initiatives. This role requires the capability to design and develop multiple applications at an enterprise level. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and a detailed eye for quality work is essential.
The candidate will have the opportunity to interact with multiple levels within the organization. This role requires a detail oriented individual, with strong communication skills and a passion for working in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design, develop, maintain, and enhance systems based on business requirements using approved technologies and coding standards.
- Create documentation based on work done.
- Diagnose/track down code issues.
- Perform design and code reviews and help maintain code quality, performance and application responsiveness.
- Conduct research on new technologies and products.
- Act as a mentor to other developers with programming issues.
- Capable of analyzing requirements and develop software as per project defined software process.
- Ability to execute test plans, create test cases, test data and contribute to appropriate software (including programming languages), development life cycle methodology, and application of specialized business and technical knowledge.
- Confidence in ability to self-govern – if a problem exists, rise to the challenge – find a solution!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of web application development experience.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and programming, web application architecture and relational database design.
- Strong proficiency in MVC development and EF data handling
- Knowledge of jQuery, Angular, Node and other JS libraries is a plus
- Experience using SQL with an ability to write SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Confident proficiency in programming RESTful JSON based webservices, and familiarity in working in classic XML based SOAP services.
- Familiarity with GitHub for source control maintenance.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio (MVS) and SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
- Excellent English, both verbal and written communication skills.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.