Mobile Android Developer (no C2C)
Engineering | Remote | Contract
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $80 - $100 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Mobile Android Developer for our client.
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform.
- Own the development, testing, and maintenance of native Android SDKs.
- Produce and ensure delivery of quality, readable, and well unit tested code.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work on a new development, bug fixing, code review and improving application and SDK performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 3-5 years of hands-on mobile app development experience.
- Proven working experience in Android software development and proficient with Kotlin
- Good understanding of Android Architecture Components and Android SDK.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development environment and performed Unit
- Tests using the JUnit framework.
- Experience with third-party libraries, Custom libraries and APIs.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Experience with source control such as Git, Bitbucket, Stash.
- Experience with RESTful APIs to connect to back-end services and OAuth 2.0.
- Have published one or more Android apps.
Nice to have:
- Experience in Analytics, FCM, Google Fit and developing backend applications with AWS, Java or NodeJS.
- HealthCare experience.
- Experience developing any of iOS (Objective-C or Swift), Spring-based Java web services, or modern web technologies like Angular and Node JS, would be a plus, but is not required.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.