Mid-Level Django Developer
Engineering | Remote | Contract
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $40 - $50 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Mid-Level Django Developer for our client.
- Be responsible for the development of new features, modifications to existing functionality, and fixes to issues in Django w/Python.
- Work closely with the engineering team on server-side web application logic and frontend integration.
- Review, analyze, and modify software systems including coding, testing, debugging, installing and documenting.
- Troubleshoot back-end software and debugging application codes.
- Develop in alignment with established coding standards and design pattern best practices.
- Monitor and improve back-end performance.
- Assist as needed with documentation concerning architecture and implementation guidance.
- Use TDD techniques (with 80% min code coverage) for the development of Python.
We are only looking for candidates with proven experience using:
- Python OOP
- TDD practices
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Git source management
- Appropriate use of open-source libraries
Extra credit qualifications
- OO Design Patterns
- Open-source author and/or contributor
- Experience with agile methodologies
A great candidate has:
- A proven track record of creative problem solving in technology.
- The ability to adapt and respond to challenges with a positive mental attitude.
- Willingness to dive into code they didn’t write.
- Timeliness, honesty and integrity.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.