Lead Engineer (Cosmos / Node / Golang) (NO C2C)
Engineering | London, England, United Kingdom | Contract
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: GMT, GMT +1, GMT +2, GMT +3)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $90.00-$125.00/ hr
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term.
You will work with incredibly smart people and collaborate with a wide range of really interesting organisations and people across the world. This demands great communication, self-management, and leadership skills.
You will become a core contributor and integral member of the developer community which is building and maintaining the Cosmos SDK.
About the position
- The position is remote, with a preference for location in UTC ±4hrs time zones.
- Compensation is highly competitive and offers performance bonuses which are paid in ATOM and IXO tokens.
- To apply, please complete the online application form and let us know your first available time to have an interview.
Scope of responsibilities
Lead engineering research and development for the Interchain Earth Program, which includes:
- Establishing an engineering roadmap, which is led by requirements for sustainable digital finance and impact tokenization use cases.
- Participating in the development of consensus standards and protocols for sustainable decentralised finance applications for the Cosmos SDK and ‘Impact Stack’ (building on the work of ixo, Regen and others).
- Contributing to core Cosmos SDK development, which provides the opportunity to work in close collaboration with the core SDK team and contributors.Engaging research and technical requirements-gathering for digital Identity and sovereign data systems in the Cosmos context, in collaboration with engineering teams from technology partners in the program.
- Developing technical specifications, led by use-case requirements, for mainstream adoption of Cosmos applications by end-users in local communities.
- Contributing to UX and client application development, to solve barriers to user adoption, such as key management, and access to blockchain applications using mobile technology.
- Reviewing Cosmos SDK ADRs for sustainability implications.
- Participating in the development and implementation of Token Engineering models, in collaboration with the ICF crypto-economics engineering lead joint appointment with BlockScience (which will build on prior and ongoing work of BlockScience, such as Community Inclusion Currencies, ixo Risk-adjusted bonding, etc.Developing IBC cross-chain sustainable digital finance applications and decentralized impact exchanges.Developing educational tools and capacity development for Cosmos developers, as part of the Cosmos Builders Program.
- Leading hackathons to promote sustainable digital finance innovation.Growing and supporting a community of software and application developers who have an interest in building sustainable digital finance applications on Cosmos.
- Commissioning grant-funded engineering projects and supporting the teams who are implementing these technology developments.
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.