IT Systems Engineer
Engineering | Remote | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote GMT -4GMT -5GMT -6GMT -7GMT -8 GMT
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $100.00-$160.00/ hr
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need an IT Systems Engineer for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Our Client is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future of retail is local. There are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of technology and data to connect a growing community of over 150,000 brands and independent retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. By empowering entrepreneurs with the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with big-box and e-commerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful, and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in the community, come join ours.
Our client is looking for an IT Systems Engineer to join our team in San Francisco, CA or Kitchener–Waterloo, ON. This role provides a broad scope of opportunities in IT administration and engineering initiatives, endpoint management and security, identity and access management, third-party and vendor integrations, SaaS operations and administration, along with a focus on automation and security across all of those areas. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about the newest technologies, is a self-starter, has a keen attention to detail, thrives on thinking creatively, and is eager to learn and grow with us.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Create and drive beneficial solutions and outcomes for a growing, global workforce
- Optimize and continuously improve the security and management of company devices
- Automate every possible process that is currently done manually
- Help plan, build, install, and configure infrastructure for our new office locations
- Pioneer new ideas to scale the technology of a hyper growth company
- Evaluate existing and upcoming processes, providing feedback and making improvements
- Create high-quality documentation for both colleagues and end users
- Field escalated and highly technical tickets from the internal IT Service team
- Contribute in other areas as needed to further the needs of Faire, its users, and the IT Team
- Previous work with Identity and Access Management platforms (i.e. Okta, OneLogin, etc.)
- Experience automating SaaS data and administration workflows (Zapier, Workato, etc.)
- Mixed-environment experience, securing and managing both Mac and PC
- Strong dedication to creating an amazing employee service experience
- Growth-minded, geared toward delivering long-term solutions to technical problems
- Elite technical troubleshooting across any platform
- Commitment to communicative and transparent change management
- Collaborative, team oriented, and a dedicated mentor
- Mental agility, with the ability to juggle multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed
- Knowledge of both Bash and Python
- Okta Certified Professional or above
- Demonstrated experience with API scripting: REST, JSON, HTTP
- Applied knowledge of Kubernetes and Terraform
- CCNA or Other Field-specific certifications
- Bachelor’s degree or above in IT, Computer Science, or related field
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.