iOS Developer (Freelance Contract, Remote)
Product Development | Remote, - / +4 hrs from PDT | Full Time and Contract
ESTIMATED HOURS PER WEEK: 40
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (long, on-going project) - not available for C2C (see notes below)
- At least 4 to 6 working hours overlap with EST is required
- Contractors who are open to ongoing/long-term engagements are preferred
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need an experienced developer for this client.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As an iOS Developer working for our client, you will have the opportunity to work on an application with over two million registered community members and millions of monthly visitors.
Your role will be primarily focused on two core apps. For one of them, the company may rebuild the application from the ground up, so that could be a really fun opportunity as an iOS Developer.
The company currently has one core iOS Developer, and is looking to bring on two additional resources, so this is a great opportunity to play a key role.
This role is geared toward experienced and senior developers only.
- Strong experience in Swift
- Good understanding of Objective-C, especially in a mixed codebase
- Understanding of different architectures, their pros/cons (MVC, MVVM, Coordinators)
- Strong software engineering skills; able to evaluate and think critically about design decisions and code; identify the trade offs of a feature in regards to memory, performance, scope, maintenance and testability
- Strong communication skills
- Independent working style
- Team player
- 4-6 hours working overlap with EST
Nice to Haves
- RxSwift or similar reactive library
- Experience with testing
- Interest in investing and finance
PAY RANGE: $65-100 USD/HR - 1099
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with Braintrust's core team. We will answer your questions about the project and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project. Candidates will be invited to bid on additional projects that are a fit as well.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created a corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust!