Infrastructure/DevOps engineer (no C2C)
Engineering | Remote | Contract
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $60 - $80 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Infrastructure/DevOps engineer for our client.
What you will work on
You will own the build out and scale out of our entire technology stack from mobile applications, data infrastructure, to massive machine learning compute resources.
- A deploy anywhere infrastructure that ‘just works’ and is highly available and repeatable
- Lead the development of our next-generation data infrastructure to support complex real-time data pipelines, machine learning workflows, large scale mobile and web applications
- Develop our testing infrastructure for load, stress, and performance testing
Work directly with our engineering team as the lead on best practices for deploying, developing and scaling our entire technology stack
- Rapidly prototype new technologies do demonstrate how they can be applied to our problem sets and help guide future technology choices
- Configuration management, containerization, and management of our full stack of mobile applications, web applications, data infrastructure, machine learning infrastructure
Who we are looking for
We are looking for data engineers to jump in and make a huge impact on our pipeline infrastructure.
- Minimum 5 years experience working on complex infrastructure in a large scale setting
- Strong Knowledge of containers/serverless management/configuration management at scale
- Strong knowledge of distributed systems and clustered computing
- Strong knowledge of Linux System Design, MacOS, iOS architectures
- Strong Knowledge of Networking both on prem and in the cloud and on containers
- Strong Knowledge of Docker, Cloud VMs, AWS and Google Clouds
- Strong Knowledge of Complex job and workflow management technologies
- Strong Knowledge of GPU infrastructures for accelerated computations
- Experience with MLOps or experience in machine learning is a major bonus
- Previous experience leading the development of core infrastructure
- You are great in ambiguous situations and prefer it to be that way
- You are willing to take responsibility for you work and have a heightened sense of ownership
- You iterate quickly, believe in constant and consistent improvement, and continuous learning.
- Excellent communication skills and take pride in your ability to communicate and distill complex topics into succinct explanations.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.