IAM Software Engineer
Engineering | Remote | Temp to Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote US and Canada based
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $90 - $1150 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a IAM Software Engineer for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
A new commerce platform that gives retailers tools to create Amazon-grade shopping experiences. We champion a new, harmonious way of doing business that emphasizes connectedness and collaboration over competition and dominance. This is showcased in our products that rely on microservices, APIs, and easy integrations, and in our globally distributed team that genuinely cares about its customers
The Lead Software Engineer is a core member of our platform team and will work closely with Product and Engineering teams across multiple product verticals. This position will focus on building common platform components across all engineering teams. In addition to designing and building reusable platform components, you will also be responsible for creating and maintaining customer facing features that cut across multiple application modules such as customer identity management.
The successful candidate will have prior experience in leading building enterprise scale software and platforms as well as leading a small team of engineers. A person who is comfortable with multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment is required. You will work with other engineers, product management, QA, and operations teams to identify common requirements and design systems that can be easily adopted to address the needs. You will also participate in technology evaluation to identify external vendors that can be incorporated into the company ecosystem.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Partner with the technology leadership team to architect, engineer, and implement and improve IAM toolsets to ensure they appropriately meet the risk expectations of the company.
- Helps lead future state planning, implementation and design of Identity Access Management technologies and automation of manual tasks.
- Lead cross functional initiatives such as role-based access control and workflow coordination between application modules.
- Incorporates identity access governance support and implementation services, privilege identity management support and identity lifecycle management with respect to regulatory compliance and approved standards and policies into the overall IAM roadmap.
- Engage and collaborate with key business stakeholders and customers as it relates to all supported systems and applications to verify, validate and audit access.
- Analyze and design our Role-Based Access Controls (RBAC) model to meet organizational business needs and customer expectations.
- Lead teams that continuously ship new features with aggressive deadlines, measure the results, and iterate. Help convert our systems to be service based and cloud agnostic.
- Deliver innovative solutions concerning cloud and mobile apps access management, access enforcement/administration implementation, access/elevated administration implementation, and segregation of duty (SOD) management and other IAM compliance related activities.
- 5-7 years of experience in Information Security, specifically in IAM and experience with IDaaS platforms, such as Okta
- Must have varied experience architecting, designing, and optimizing key IAM tools and processes including:
- User identity lifecycle management solution products or role-based access control solutions
- Directory services products
- Single sign-on, multi-factor and federation solutions
- CyberArk or other privilege accounts lifecycle management solutions
- Must have 2+ years of experience in access control concepts, including access administration, directory services, SAML, LDAP, or PKI.
- Experience running Agile processes, e.g. 2-week sprints and daily stand ups
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative to drive progress and improvement
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.