GCP Data Engineer
Engineering | Remote | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $100 - $120 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, ongoing project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a GCP Data Engineer for our client.
Our Client is looking for a GCP Data Engineer to help their client migrate data from on-prem to GCP with the following skillset:
- Extensive GCP work experience with understanding of Access patterns etc.
- Experience with / Understanding with some of Google Cloud Functions, Google PubSub , Google Cloud Storage , Google Big Query , Google Dataproc , Google Dataflow , Google Compute , Google Healthcare API , Google Cloud SQL , Apache HDFS (Hadoop File System) , Apache Spark 2.3.1(Java, Scala, Python)
- End to end use case implementation knowledge from Ingestion to consumption
- Hands-on with a wide variety of use cases like ETL, Data Hubs, Data warehousing, Data lakes, Business Intelligence Analytics, Data Science Analytics, Operational Apps and APIs, Semantic and Reporting
- Good understanding of Enterprise-grade Layered Data Architectures
- Review current project solutions, document the proposed solution according to the platform standards, review with involved groups, help engineering teams implement the solution end to end with low-level technical recommendations and code review.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.