Fullstack Engineer - Ruby on Rails/React [Remote, NO C2C]
Engineering | Remote | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (must overlap with PT timezone 3 hours per day)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $60 - $80 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, ongoing project
Familiarity with React Native as a bonus point
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Fullstack Engineer for our client.
As a senior software engineer (full-stack) on the engineering team, you’ll get to build features and improvements for our client's web platform. You’ll be one of the leaders of the team, helping to mentor more junior engineers, proposing creative solutions, de-tangling the complex into the simple, and collaborating closely with teammates across product and engineering.
The engineering team uses React.js on the web frontend, React Native for the mobile applications, and Ruby on Rails on the backend. We’re looking for people who are comfortable and interested in working with a little bit of everything.
- Build out software features to support clients, taskers, and internal users
- Architect and craft solutions to complex problems
- Collaborate with design and product management to conceptualize new product features from the ground up
- Work alongside more junior software engineers to help them think through designs, code implementation, and how to break down their goals into actionable steps
- Participate in code reviews, listening to feedback and commenting on other's approaches
- Maintain and expand upon existing code and functionality
- 5+ years of experience developing web applications
- You have built API-driven applications or endpoints
- You're excited about continuous integration and frequent, daily releases
- Understand how to organize code across the stack, what belongs in the front end, what the back
- Know how to break problems down into smaller iterable steps achievable quickly
- Be comfortable with caching and understanding full lifecycle behavior of data flowing through the system
- You are comfortable with an Agile work environment where you’ll be collaborating regularly with Product, Design, Data, QA, and other developers regularly
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.