Full Stack Engineer (Freelance Contract, Remote)
Product Development | Remote, - / +4 hrs from PDT | Part Time and Contract
ESTIMATED HOURS PER WEEK: 40 hrs (Full Time)
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (long, on-going project - open to "Contract to Hire")
LOCATION: Remote (US-based candidates Only)
C2C? This role is available to independent freelance/contractors, it is not available for C2C
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need an experienced and well-rounded developer for this client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
You would be working with our client's newly created Innovation business dedicated to launching and growing exponentially scalable businesses to address customers’ needs within our strategic markets. They are building a capability within their structure to identify and seize on new sources of growth. They are a group of innovation & business-building professionals located in Silicon Valley and in Atlanta, GA.
Our client's team is building a Construction Technology platform to bring new digital services, workflow tools, and data transparency to the construction industry. We are looking for a bright Full-stack Engineer to join our small team to help us build the initial MVP (targeting Dec 2020 release) to start with plenty more opportunity into 2021.
As a member of the product’s founding technical team, you will play an integral role in helping the company shape the future of the construction industry.
You are a full-stack engineer with experience working in agile, lean, high performing teams delivering digital services or SaaS platforms. Ideally, you’ve built modern day reactive web platforms, scalable backends in cloud and/or on-premise environments. You have been part of a journey of highly ambiguous start up environment from ground zero to a production deployed platform.
Your Professional Experience
As a founding key technical team member for the SaaS platform, you have hands-on experience in developing single, multi-page applications. From reactive UI/UX web frameworks development to resilient, high response backend services and from quick CI/CD pipeline to cloud automation, as a diverse engineer you feel comfortable & have experience with them in some capacity. As an ideal candidate you would have following key qualifications:
- 3 years of development experience as a Full Stack Developer
- Object oriented programming experience
- Hands on experience in using cloud SQL, No-SQL and other kinds of distributed data storages
- Strong experience in developing single page applications using Relational Databases, SQL and microservices in cloud hosted environment
- Experience in using version control tools and modern reactive web frameworks
- Experience with Node.JS (experience with Python a plus)
- Excellent team player, strong communicator, analytical and critical thinker
Nice to have
- Experience in Construction Tech and Additive Manufacturing a plus
- Experience building scheduling and calendar software
- Experience building role based applications
As an ideal candidate you:
- Are a Quick learner, self-initiator, doer and results oriented
- Thrive in an environment of honesty, responsibility and accountability
- Feel passionate about the quality and on time delivery of your deliverables
- Understand the importance of prioritization & positive criticism
- Know how to quickly show results while keeping an eye on the bigger vision
- Own the failures with the team and keep their motivation high
Things you will do
- We are a small and nimble team, so you’ll likely get to experience and participate on many projects in various technical capacities.
- Actively contribute towards development of our Construction Technology platform and help it scale globally; Help revolutionize Construction industry leveraging cutting edge technological advancements
- UI/UX Development using modern reactive web frameworks
- Develop consumer agnostic, fault tolerant, scalable, highly available service-oriented backend(s)
- Actively contribute in evaluation and adoption of appropriate technology, frameworks
- Write unit tests to ensure quality of your deliverables
Why work with us
- Solve massive problems for customers
- We approach problems with a lean startup methodology, focused on in-depth user research and addressing the most critical problems first. We are a technology and innovation team that leads with voice of customer, value-based pricing and strong secondary research and competitive analysis.
- Visibility to senior leadership
- Our team reports directly into the CEO and operate autonomously within the company. In this role you will work closely with Product, Engineering & Innovation Strategy teams.
- We work with some of the most innovative companies in construction technology, additive manufacturing and supply chain. Our partners range from Y Combinator startups to multi-billion-dollar unicorns. You’ll have unparalleled access to their technologies and freedom to explore new and innovative ways of solving customer problems.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with Braintrust's core team. We will answer your questions about the project and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project. Candidates will be invited to bid on additional projects that are a fit as well.