Full Stack Developer (React.js, Node.js)
Engineering | Remote | Contract
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $80 - $120 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Full Stack Developer for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
A modern commerce platform that gives retailers tools to create world-class shopping experiences for mid-market enterprises. We champion a new, harmonious way of doing business that emphasizes connectedness and collaboration over competition and dominance
The Full Stack Software Development Engineer – SDE, partners with Product, Engineering and Design teams to deliver new features and enhancements for new eCommerce platform. This position focuses on providing eCommerce and related technology expertise to design, develop, and support of on-line, customer facing, eCommerce products.
The successful candidate will have experience of a strong, hands-on technologist. A person who is comfortable with multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment is required. Work with other engineers, managers, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop product features that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design and implement high-performance scalable user experiences
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation and roll out product features
- Own continuous improvement and fine-tuning of front-end performance, scalability and security
- Design and implement high performance scalable data centric serverless microservices
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and roll out applications with cross-functional impact
- Own continuous improvement and fine tuning of API performance, scalability and security
- Independently design, code, and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes.
- Flexible approach to analyzing technical issues and clearly communicating recommendations/solutions
- Proficient in agile development methodologies
- Expected to deliver consistently with little supervision
- 7+ years of technical experience
- Strong application development background and understanding of Web Application technologies and techniques -
- Proven ability to define and implement effective software development methodologies
- Experience developing large scale consumer facing micro-services solution is highly recommended
- Experience developing a consumer facing React.js online experience is highly recommended
- Experience building serverless solutions is highly-preferred
- eCommerce experience is highly-preferred and recommended
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.