Full Stack Developer (Freelance Contract, Remote)
Product Development | Remote, - / +4 hrs from PDT | Full Time and Contract
ESTIMATED HOURS PER WEEK: 40hrs (Full-time opportunity)
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position
CONTRACT DURATION: Long-term, ongoing project
LOCATION: Remote (MUST be located in US or Canada to apply. This role is not available to agencies.)
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need an experienced backend developer to join this highly innovative, enterprise-level team.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT & PROJECT
Our client is an online hub for you and the broader local community. Their purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a local community they can rely on.
Building connections in the real world is a universal human need. That truth, and the reality that neighborhoods are one of the most important and useful communities in our lives have been guiding principles for our client. T
The Project / Position:
Our client is looking for a Full Stack Developer to join their Local Business team focused on improving and building new web-based features and functionality for our small business owner(s) personas. While the majority of our client's users access the platform via mobile, 20-30% of the total traffic comes through the web and this team is focused on optimizing and improving that experience. The majority of your time will be focused on front-end web development using React, but they are also looking for someone who has a good understanding and experience using Python to help with some of the backend components for small businesses.
As part of the team focused on web development, you will be working alongside and collaborating with other full stack and back-end engineers, product managers, and designers running in two-week agile sprints to continuously build and deploy new features and functionality while ensuring we work on the right things in the right way.
Skills / Requirements:
- 3+ years of web development experience
- 3+ years of React experience
- 3+ years of Python experience
- Experience with Django
- Experience with Redux
- Experience with AWS or GCP
- Understand how models and relational databases work (for example MySQL/PostgreSQL)
- Tools you will be using: Linux/Unix/Mac, Git, Jira/Asana/Trello, Datadog
- You think about “why we are doing things”
- Experience building and deploying systems used by high volumes of users
- Strong testing, debugging and coding skills
- Strong fundamental understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- We operate like a startup so any small company or startup experience is very helpful!
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS
Qualified candidates will be invited to fill out a short screening questionnaire and learn more about our model. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project. Candidates will be invited to bid on additional projects that are a fit as well.