Front End Software Engineer [Remote, NO C2C]
Engineering | Remote | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (You can work asynchronously - from any time zone as long as you're willing to attend a few meetings a week in US based time zones)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $55 - $75 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, ongoing project
React.JS + React Native
Blockchain experience - nice to have
Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment that is deeply committed to an iterative release cycle.
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Front End Software Engineer for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Our Client is building a digital currency that will have real-world value, enabling broader economic prosperity by giving people autonomy and control of their money. The currency will provide people with a hyperinflation-protected savings account to help them protect and use their money globally. The currency is being designed to be stable, open to all, and massively scalable, with a separate token that will reward users who support the network.
Braintrust is helping our client match to individual contributors and tech leads. All new team members should expect to spend the majority of their time implementing. They hire highly productive engineers with good judgment, which means you need to either be substantially experienced or otherwise unusually skilled in software engineering.
As a front end engineer, you’d start off working on our React Native app and React.js web app. As a startup, they have very fast release cycles, often shipping multiple updates per week, including on mobile. They have deployed our app only on Android as of the writing of this post, and you would likely be a part of adding an iOS deployment.
In 2020, they intentionally cut every corner they could in order to focus on implementing a wide range of features and rapidly changing their product with a small team. In 2021 and beyond, they are expanding their development capacity in order to polish every piece they ship more carefully, while maintaining a fast release cycle. They believe a great and truly unique UI can set a product apart in the mind of the customer, and although they haven’t emphasized perfection and uniqueness so far, they are beginning to in their upcoming designs, which are already underway. They anticipate implementing visual elements that are different from what many of us have seen before, and would rely on you to help innovate and keep everything functional and snappy.
THE KIND OF ENGINEERS THEY HIRE:
Our client would be very excited to meet you if:
- You take pride in figuring things out and making things work, and once you accept a challenge you enjoy getting into all of the little details and becoming a micro-expert in order to nail it.
- You can show us cool things you have built yourself in your own time, and/or a long list of projects you’ve had significant ownership over professionally that are related to the work we are doing (mobile, web, smart contracts).
- You are kind, conscientious, thoughtful, cooperative, and communicative.
- You have found ways of spending time, effort, or money on improving the world in a meaningful way (i.e. not just virtue signalling, though we don’t mind if you do that too).
- When we talk to you about something we are building, worrying about, or planning, you quickly understand what we are describing and have productive things to say.
- You have honed your ability to self-manage, so that when you take on relatively abstract projects you turn them into concrete, sensible plans and bring them to completion -- or if they end up not making sense you realize that quickly and help the team adjust course.
- You reliably accomplish impressive amounts of important progress on what really matters, whether it’s figuring things out, implementing, educating, evaluating new team members, or anything else that comes up.
- You prefer the startup life of challenges, uncertainty, invention, chaos, impact, responsibility, and autonomy, over the big-company life of predictability, bureaucracy, clarity, brand recognition, nice offices, and policy.
- You have enough relevant experience that you can quickly come to solid plans for how to implement whatever you are working on, and your code naturally matches or raises the bar of maintainability we achieve.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.