Front End Engineer (Remote, NO C2C)
Engineering | Remote | Full Time and Contract
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $70 - $100 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term ongoing project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Frontend Engineer for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Our client in the process of launching an Omnichain Decentralized Exchange. This is a unique technical undertaking that continues to attract interest and excitement from a multitude of well known investors in the blockchain sphere. In fact, the private sale round was oversubscribed within two days of its announcement. Investors recognize that our clients offerings have unique benefits over both CEXes and existing DEXes, and has the potential to fundamentally change the DeFi ecosystem. Our client raised its liquid market cap from $1M to over $150M in two years.
Our client is looking for a talented front end engineer to do foundational development work by helping to define and deliver against a coherent product roadmap.
As a Front End Engineer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
As a team member, you would be responsible for creating technically viable software with a team of senior engineers specializing in devops, distributed systems, system architecture, testing, and other related fields. You would be collaborating with some of the most diligent minds in the cryptocurrency industry on product direction, both on the core team and among its partners, investors, and advisors. As an early team member, you must feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where the solutions aren’t already predefined.
You should have prior experience in developing high-quality front-end architecture and some passing knowledge of how architecture principles should apply even in front end frameworks you have not used before. You should be willing to dive into totally new front end protocols if necessary.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about being at the forefront of a new technological paradigm and can lead the design and development of scalable applications.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders on all parts of the stack
- Participating in open source development on shared resources with external development teams
- Communicating progress to the clients developer community through Youtube, Telegram, Discord, and developer forums in coordination with a technical product manager
- Developing with sound testing and debugging practices
- Creating technical documentation and well-commented code for open source consumption
- Minimize and maintain 3rd party library dependencies
- Review logs of user behavior and improve UX based on previous user experience and user feedback
- Strong empathy for user experience
- Experience with developing swift, performance, robust front-end systems
- Expertise in implementing front-end designs on the DOM
- Willingness to work with new software protocols
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- A keen aptitude for sharp feedback and structured communication
- Desire to work on building things the "right" way to make sure our technical foundation is solid as we build on top of it over the coming years
- Independence and self-motivation
- 3+ years engineering experience
- Experience with React.js, Next.js, Flux.js, node.js, Typescript, Express.js, SASS, or LESS
- Major contribution to prominent and related open-source projects
- Familiarity with the GoLang programming language
- Familiarity with Terraform
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Experience with BDD/TDD
- Experience in small startup environments
- Experience with a distributed team / remote work
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.