Expedia - Communication Designer (US)
Design | Remote, - / +4 hrs from PDT | Contract
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: )
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $65 - $85 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, ongoing project
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community, and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
We've onboarded some of the world's most reputable brands and now we need a Senior Communication Designer for one of our clients.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
This is a W2 salaried contract. The rate reflects that this is a W2 contract.
Are you looking to be part of a world-class enterprise design team dedicated to crafting incredible user experiences? Would you like to drive impactful work that helps millions of people see and enjoy more of the world?
At our client's Group, the mission is to power global travel for everyone, everywhere. Within the company, the Experience Design organization (XD) is our global, cross-disciplinary team uniting user experience design, content design, and research to enable innovative, relevant, and cohesive experiences that serve the needs of all our travelers, partners, and agents.
As a Communications Designer, you'll help us achieve that mission by contributing to product experiences and strategic visions that paint a clear, compelling picture of our future. We see Communications Designers are seen as storytellers, skilled in taking sophisticated concepts and translating them into concise, well-articulated narratives. They partner closely with our experience designers, content strategists, design program managers and leadership to craft visual communications, concepts, graphics, and presentations.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate closely with design leaders and program teams to transform key business goals and outcomes into clear visuals
- Maintain and build on brand standards and consistency of message and design across presentation materials
- Translate sophisticated ideas into easily digestible and impactful visuals and presentations for various teams and leadership communications
- Collaborate with cross-functional designers, leaders, and operations team members to ensure coherence of messaging and visual design
- Define, design, and build experiences for Experience Design Leadership and Practice Management team presentations
- Build a versatile and consistent of methods for facilitating the gathering and synthesizing of diverse insights in ambiguous problem spaces
- Own the production and delivery of visual assets.
- Demonstrate proficiency in common visual and interaction design principles and practice, and build appropriate sketches, wireframes, flows, design comps, and prototypes with minimal mentorship
- Tailor communications (content focus, style, format, etc.) for different audiences as appropriate.
Who you are:
- 4+ years of work experience with a BA in Graphic Design, Communication Design, or equivalent
- A systems thinker who loves complex questions and using your visual skills to build clear and engaging storytelling
- Able to articulate the value of design through verbal and visual presentation.
- Strong visual design background with incredible attention to detail is vital.
- Able to work at a fast pace and manage a high volume of design projects
- Communicate ideas clearly and persuasively at an individual and group level
- Expert in Design Thinking practices (Partner Mapping, Insights Mapping, Value Proposition, Storyboarding, design thinking etc.)
- Design Skills (Hand Sketching, Conceptual Diagramming)
- Proficiency in design, collaboration, and presentation tools, including Powerpoint, Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Miro, and others.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.