Director of Grants - Direct Hire [REMOTE]
Engineering | Remote, - / +4 hrs from PDT | Full Time
- JOB TYPE: Direct Hire Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Global Remote - (Time Zone: PST/CIST | Partial overlap)
- RATE: Our client is looking to pay $130,000 – $150,000/yr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week - long-term, ongoing project
What you’ll be working on
About Our Client
Our client is a public blockchain network built specifically for financial services, delivering material business value for financial institutions through its ledger, registry, and exchange capabilities across multiple financial assets and markets.
About the Role
Our Client's Blockchain Foundation is seeking a Director of Grants to grow adoption of their Blockchain by a significant number of third party developers, delivering the vision of an inclusive innovation platform that transforms how financial services are delivered. The primary success metric of this role is onboarding and increasing new developers on the their Blockchain through thoughtful design and launch of a new $200MM grant program. Activities include hackathons, designing hash-paid bounties for critical capabilities, relaunching the existing grants program, and communication across our client's owned channels such as Discord, Telegram, Slack, Twitter. Success in this role looks like a wide range of developers creating new financial services dApps that are used extensively by participants on their Blockchain, referring members of their communities to join and all parties leveraging the network effects of the Blockchain ecosystem for mutual success.
Our client's Blockchain community is diverse, inclusive and passionate about designing and implementing solutions to improve financial services, including DeFi applications as well as tools to teach and educate students about the Blockchain network and its SDK. The community identifies projects that bring diverse communities together. The Foundation is expressly interested in funding projects that develop financial services use cases, leveraging AI on the blockchain, enabling interoperability, creating social good and access, increasing security and resiliency, research, infrastructure, and education within financial services.
- Communicate value of our client's Blockchain to developers at all levels, from college blockchain associations to financial services industry-specific talent.
- Craft long-standing relationships with members of the COSMOS ecosystem to support interoperability and collaboration
- Construct programming that ensures that current and future users of Blockchain benefit, from dapps that enable easy asset onboarding, to a wide range of AI and intelligence on chain, to apps that enable operational governance and security to entertainment.
- Harness the power of the Blockchain ecosystem to create a community of developers that help one another build on the chain.
- Evaluate grant proposal submissions to greenlight projects that enhance the ecosystem, research new directions and provide education resources to others.
- Work with Blockchain tech team to evaluate if proposals are solving problems with valuable results and to understand what tooling is currently available to those that want to build.
- Partner with our client's VP of Business Development to prioritize developer projects with highest impact for target FI and fintech users to further increase value of Blockchain for participants
What we’re looking for:
- Significant understanding of blockchain/crypto grants programs and how to engage third party developers to encourage and empower their participation.
- A market-driven individual who understands how to utilize social, PR, communication apps and community management platforms to engage with our existing community and the development communities we want to reach.
- Community focused, creative, and collaborative to identify and deliver significant growth with developer communities
- Hungry-for-more-knowledge person that has their finger on the pulse of what is happening in blockchain, crypto, financial services and AI and is inspired by the pace of development in this space
- Agility in problem solving to make things work for our partners, responsive and solution oriented.
- 2-5+ years total in community management, development communities, grants programs and/or blockchain marketing
- Crypto/blockchain experience is a requirement
- Extensive experience working and engaging crypto online forums, groups, etc.
Benefits To You
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills
- Firm-wide performance based bonus
- Significant stake in Hash as an early member of the team
- A flexible paid time off and vacation policy
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance
- Company FSA, 401k, commuter benefits
- And much more to come!