Engineering | Remote | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $80 - $90 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long-term, ongoing project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a DevOps Engineer for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
They are building a Construction Technology platform to bring new digital services, workflow tools, and data transparency to the construction industry. They are looking for a bright Sr. DevOps Engineer to define and own the foundation of the platform and make an impact globally. As a member of the product’s founding technical team, you will play an integral role in helping the company shape the future of the construction industry.
You are an experienced DevOps engineer with experience working in agile, lean, high-performing teams mandated to deliver digital services or SaaS platforms.
- Minimum 4 years of Hands-on Experience with AWS Cloud ( preferably Certification on AWS SysOps Admin / DevOps).
- Amazon AWS cloud with experience on IAM, VPC, RDS, Cloudformation, Lambda functions, ECS/EKS, EC2 Instances, Cognito, DynamoDB. SecretsManager, Route53.
- Experience driving clarity in a highly ambiguous start-up environment
- Experience in designing & automating SaaS/DaaS cloud infrastructure from scratch
- Hands-on experience with Monitoring tools (APM tools, dashboards), Analytics, and Alerts management.
- Sound knowledge of SRE concepts such as SLOs, SLIs, SLAs, Error Budget, Downtime accountability.
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting, managing, configuring, performance tuning Relational databases.
- Ability to Own and operate company deployed MDM solution.
- Ability to build and manage iOS and Android Apps Ci/Cd pipelines.
- Demonstrated ability to assist and communicate well with internal team members along with Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize among multiple, competing requests and must be a self-starter with strong organization skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills for production issues for PERN stack, Angular/React based applications.
- Self-starter with Management skills and Leadership skills. (Preferable ITIL certification.)
- Hands-on experience with Terraform and ability to author custom modules.
Good to have:
- Familiarity with AWS CLI /AWS Cloudformation.
- Hands-on experience with Shell or Python scripting.
- Hands-on experience in Docker, composing Docker files, Helm charts.
- Hands-on experience with container orchestration systems like Kubernetes.
- Hands-on experience in running performance testing tools.
- Ability to Architect, create, configure, set up Github Actions CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience in setting up Cloudwatch Monitoring Dashboards, integrating with SNS, SES.
- Basic networking skills and familiarity with Unix/Linux systems including CLI used in checking component status and logs.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.