Developer Relations Engineer (Remote, NO C2C)
Engineering | Remote | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $75 - $110 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Developer Relations Engineer for our client.
Our client's blockchain engineering team is looking for a talented developer relations engineer to connect with, inspire, and educate a community of open source developers who will help the company complete its mission.
As a developer relations engineer, you collaborate with blockchain engineers inside and outside of the core team to design, implement, deploy, and support blockchain architecture. Your work would both directly and indirectly affect multiple blockchains and their auxiliary systems. You should be comfortable with the core primitives of blockchain, including distributed systems, fault tolerance, security, cryptography, networking, microeconomics, and performance optimization.
As a team member, you would be responsible for creating technically viable software with a team of senior engineers specializing in devops, distributed systems, system architecture, testing, and other related fields. You would be collaborating with some of the most diligent minds in the cryptocurrency industry on product direction, both on the core team and among its partners, investors, advisors, and other community members. As an early team member, you must feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where the solutions aren’t already predefined.
Prior experience with blockchain projects is preferred given that you would be communicating the company’s excellence to other blockchain engineers. Prior experience with developer relations and open source engineering is necessary because the fast pace of the cryptocurrency industry requires a developer relations expert who can cultivate the best from our existing community of passionate blockchain developers. You should be the kind of person who eagerly read Nadia Eghbal’s “Working in Public: The Making and Maintenance of Open Source Software” or other similar works.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about being at the forefront of a new technological paradigm and can lead the design and development of scalable applications.
- Manage the company’s relationship with its testnet validator community on community-led initiatives like deployment on multiple cloud platforms, performance measurement, wallet integrations, arbitrary widgets and extensions, debugging, and blog articles
- Field questions from the development community and provide answers from internal documentation and developers
- Polish company’s documentation beyond what other engineers develop for the purpose of easy use from external teams
- Manage an on-call rotation for devops engineers inside and outside of the core team to monitor the status of mainnet and testnets and debug in real-time as needed
- Evangelize the company’s developer tools at hackathons and virtual tech demos
- Build tools and tutorials for devs or champion them for our engineering team to prioritize
- Attend and host industry best-practices meetings to share tips with peer cryptocurrency development organizations
- Create and edit developer-focused blog articles, emails, web content, newsletters, and other material
- Manage the developer journey from website to documentation to tools
- Cultivate and grow a happy open source community across the company's various social media platforms and forums
- Collaborate with marketing to ensure the company’s developer presence is attractive to engineers
- Experience in developer relations, technical community management, similar,
- Empathy with the user experience for cryptocurrencies; including software elements like wallets, block explorers, testnets, 3rd party custodians, and node status visualizers; text elements like developer documentation and tutorials; and event elements like price volatility, feature announcements, and partnership announcements
- A keen aptitude for sharp feedback and structured communication
- Desire to work on building things the "right" way to make sure our technical foundation is solid as we build on top of it over the coming years
- An analytical and data-driven approach to building and nurturing communities
- Independence and self-motivation
- Engineering experience
- Experience with blockchain software development on at least one popular ecosystem such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cosmos, Polkadot, Chainlink, Tron, Stellar, Tezos, Neo, or another similar ecosystem
- Major contribution to prominent and related open-source projects
- Background in cryptography or networking
- Background in academic economics or finance
- Familiarity with Cosmos, Tendermint, or Thorchain
- Familiarity with the GoLang programming language
- Familiarity with Ethereum development tools like Drizzle, Truffle, and Infura
- Familiarity with Terraform
- Familiarity with GraphQL
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.