Design Systems UX Writer
Design | Remote | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $100 - $115 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
Design Systems/ Style Guide UX Writer
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Design Systems UX Writer for our client.
What you'll do:
- Write and edit product UX/microcopy that compels an audience to take action and is original in the marketplace. Deliverables will include: user flows, technical and instructional copy, feature descriptions, errors, tooltips, menus, and CTA buttons.
- Own initiatives that will involve rethinking or fundamentally improving a holistic experience that considers a broad range of users, results, and use cases, from voice and tone guidelines to UI specific copy.
- Create voice, tone and style guide
- Create guidelines and document design patterns, such as Button usage guidelines, Form usage guidelines, and Table usage guidelines
- Create documentation and guidelines that drive usage of our design systems, and help designers make effective and cohesive design decisions
- Own the iterative documentation process from concept to final delivery
- Meaningfully collaborate with Design System team (composed of designers and front-end/mobile engineers)
- Work within the design team, while partnering with product owners, and stakeholders.
- Be constantly on the lookout for best practices, design patterns and anti-patterns, throughout various industries and platforms.
- Be a key player on a small but mighty team making a huge impact
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of content design / UX writing experience, ideally with familiarity with design systems; experience with enterprise software a big plus;
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate the interactions between language and design elements to construct a compelling narrative throughout the user journey.
- Writing, curating, and editing content for accuracy, clarity, and usability.
- Mastery of short-form and long-form written communication.
- Adhering to and developing style and identity guidelines.
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively collaborate with other designers as well as cross-functional partners including engineers; and available for all key meetings throughout normal working hours
- Writer who is comfortable with a fast pace, familiarity with design topics, and capable of resolving ambiguity in order to identify guidelines.
- Advocate for content design that improves the user experience and addresses overall business goals.
- Comfortable working both independently and in a group setting, with experience designing content and language from conception to completion
- Excel at interpreting complex information and transforming it into successful content
- Experience working in an agile development environment and comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- Practiced at iterative ideation and deliverables, seeking and receiving feedback as a natural part of the product development process, and finding opportunities inside of requirements and constraints
- A strong online portfolio that showcases a variety of high quality writing work to prove it all
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.