Design Systems Product Designer
Design | Remote, - / +4 hrs from PDT | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $100 - $125 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
Solid Design Systems portfolio
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community, and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
We've onboarded some of the world's most reputable brands and now we need a Senior Product Designer, Design Systems for one of our clients.
What you’ll do as a Senior Product Designer – Design System:
- Set a high standard of UI design, always pushing our design patterns
- Evolve and mature our design library
- Document usage and anatomy criteria across the design system
- Establish a governance protocol for contributions to the design system by other designers
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams
- Communicate UI and visual design principles across and outside of the design team
- Present your work across the team as well as to stakeholders
- Push product thinking to always be customer/user-centric
- Be a culture builder for collaboration and creativity
- Grow personally in your craft and in the shared knowledge of the people around you
What you will bring to the table:
- Passion for UI design, visual design, typography, interactive design, animation, illustration
- Thoughtful, simple, clean solutions for otherwise complicated problems
- A profound awareness of the value of good spacing in design
- Experience designing large design systems
- Competence in systems thinking across multiple platforms
- An inquisitive mind
- This role requires a portfolio to be considered.
- Demonstration of a large design system that has gone to production for mobile but especially for complex desktop web applications.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.