Design System Designer (Remote, UK Hours)
Product Development | London, England, United Kingdom | Full Time and Contract
JOB TYPE: Contract (brought on as a Full Time employee)
LOCATION: Remote (6+ hours of overlap with GMT +1 time zone working hours)
EXPECTED HOURS: 40
DURATION: December 31, 2020
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need an experienced and well-rounded designer for this client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is one of the world's leading e-learning platforms. They are always striving to improve their digital solutions, which are crafted for students all over the globe to learn and grow and to acquire better future opportunities for themselves and their families.
The role of a Mid/Senior Design Design Designer will be to craft intuitive UX patterns and stunning Visual Design components and us to help build a strong visual language in line with our client's Brand Designers. You will need to be able to design and build new components (based on Google Materials) for their new design system. It is important that you are a highly skilled product designer, who is happy designing UX and Visual Design. You will need to be comfortable presenting to the wider team (Designers, Product Managers, and Developers) so extraordinary written and oral interpersonal skills are a must. It is also important that the designer should have recent experience in designing, building, and working with a Design System, and should be able to design fluently using Figma. You should be outgoing and enthusiastic about working on crafting and designing an intuitive design experience.
The primary team you will be working with is UK-based so must have 6+ hours of overlap with GMT +1 time zone working hours.
- Solving sophisticated customer problems through collaborative design practices
- Seeking feedback and challenging both your ideas and those of your team
- Building Positive Relationships with your product and development team
- Visually representing the experiences in the form final pixel flawless designs
- Ensure the work is grounded in a deep and contextual understanding of what matters to the people we are designing for
Experience needed to be successful
- Proven experience (5+ years) working inhouse or agency based in visual/digital design, (UX/Visual Design)
- Experience working in a small team to craft and develop Design systems components
- History of tackling and solving complex UX design challenges
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with Braintrust's core team. We will answer your questions about the project and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project. Candidates will be invited to bid on additional projects that are a fit as well.