Cloud Engineer (Remote) (No C2C)
Engineering | Remote | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Only US candidates will be considered (TimeZone: PST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $90 - $125 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Cloud Engineer for our client.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design and develop cloud-based infrastructure and security solutions (i.e. IAM best practices).
- Working with the SRE Lead, document current AWS cloud infrastructure and existing workflows for cloud applications
- Gather technical requirements, assess capabilities and analyze findings to provide appropriate cloud and ELK solution recommendations and adoption strategy
- Research, analyze, recommend and select technical approaches for solving difficult and challenging development and integration problems
- Learn and adopt new tools and techniques to increase performance, automation, and scalability of AWS cloud environment
- Understand business goals and drivers and translate those into an appropriate technical solution
- Apply DevSecOps principles to a cloud infrastructure and are responsible for the construction of landing zones and deployment of the respective capabilities
- Implement cloud best practices in the areas of elasticsearch, networking, compute, storage, information security, risk, enterprise identity and access management, and security operations.
- Perform AWS and ELK stack maintenance and troubleshooting. Go-to person for issues relating to elasticsearch and cloud infrastructure.
- Setup and maintain cloud monitoring/health capability with proper alerting
- 4+ years of experience as a DevOps or AWS cloud engineer
- 2+ years administering elasticsearch/ELK stack
- Experience with Terraform in a configuration management tool (e.g. Ansible)
- TLS/SSL, encryption, and key management principles
- Experience implementing AWS infrastructure and topologies, or other cloud-based solutions for enterprise
- Experience with networking, VPNs, compute infrastructure (servers, databases, firewalls, load balancers), and developing/maintaining production-grade systems in virtualized environments.
- Experience implementing cloud networking security, identity and access management, DNS, etc.
- Practical experience sizing hardware and storage needs
- Strong analytical problem-solving ability
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project team
- Capability to perform Performance analysis, troubleshooting, and remediation
- Understanding of cloud ecosystem and leading-edge cloud emerging technologies
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.