ChainOps / DevOps (Remote, Blockchain, NO C2C)
Engineering | Remote | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $90 - $125 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
- Fluency in a systems-level programming language (Golang preferred)
Blockchain experience - nice to have
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a ChainOps/DevOps for our client.
The blockchain engineering team is looking for a talented devops engineer to maintain a coordinate set of containers running on Docker, Kubernetes, and Terraform. These containers run blockchain consensus software that secures billions of dollars every day. They must be highly secure to avoid security breaches, ensure privacy, and persist consistent transactions.
As a devops engineer, you’ll help deploy blockchain nodes (called validators) on Kubernetes. You’ll optimize validators’ reliability, security, and availability while connecting to peer validators run by members of other teams to collectively support a distributed, community owned network (the blockchain). You’ll help support low latency, real-time microservices that support data relay from one validator to each other, or to external API services where users can monitor the network health and other telemetric data.
As a team member, you would be responsible for maintaining the health and performance of world-class cryptocurrency software with a team of senior engineers. You would be collaborating with some of the most diligent minds in the cryptocurrency industry on product direction, both on the core team and among its partners, investors, and advisors. As an early team member, you must feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where the solutions aren’t already predefined.
Prior experience with blockchain projects is helpful but the client is primarily interested in capacity to grow into the role. You should have prior experience in taking part in supporting high-quality backend architecture. You should be willing to learn and extend the technical architecture of entirely new blockchain protocols.
Our client is looking for individuals who are passionate about being at the forefront of a new technological paradigm and can lead the design and development of scalable applications.
- Spinning up nodes (validators) in many different cloud environments and with different configurations for testing purposes
- Developing with sound testing and debugging practices
- Ensuring different distributed systems tools cohere efficiently
- Creating technical documentation and well-commented code for open source consumption
- Collaborate with developers on all parts of the stack internally
- Participate in open source development
- Experience with developing complex software systems scaling to substantial data volumes or millions of users with production quality deployment, monitoring and reliability.
- Fluency in a systems-level programming language (Golang preferred).
- Understand the tradeoffs of performance, compute, and memory and simultaneously optimize for all three.
- Experience with deploying complex applications on cloud platforms using a container orchestration platform, such as Kubernetes.
- Track record of working on hard problems including job scheduling, concurrency, and scaling.
- Strong familiarity with distributed programming models
- Ability to decompose complex business problems and lead a team in solving them
- Ability to think about protocol design, network design, and systems design from first principles
- A keen aptitude for sharp feedback and structured communication
- You want to work on building things the "right" way to make sure the technical foundation is solid as they build on top of it over the coming years
- Independent and self-driven
- 3+ years engineering experience
- Deep understanding of BIOS management
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g. MySQL, Cassandra)
- Major contribution to prominent and related open-source projects
- Working with edge deployments (low-latency and heavily distributed)
- Background in cryptography or networking
- Familiarity with Cosmos, Tendermint, or Thorchain
- Familiarity with the GoLang programming language
- Familiarity with Ethereum development tools like Drizzle, Truffle, and Infura
- Familiarity with Terraform
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Experience in small startup environments
- Experience with a distributed team / remote work
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.