Brand Design Manager (noC2C)
Design | Remote | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $75-95/hr
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
CPG, PM, working with external agencies
Able to budget manage + negotiate + ensure proper timeline of projects
Solid in Branding, Print, Packaging, Digital Compenent, having a strong design eye
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Brand Design Manager for our client.
- Manage/Design the look and feel of our Global and/or Regional Brand portfolio
- Drive packaging excellence with internal and external partners (own the Design Brief and Project Plan process)
- Lead, design and deliver presentations.
- Manage project timelines and design budget effectively.
- Ensure seamless project transition from the design development through design finalization.
- Collaborate with Insights and provide input into design research to influence learning plans.
- Manage resources (photographers, Illustrators, internal and external design partners).
- Effectively communicate creative strategy to influence design solutions.
- Champion the client's design-integrated philosophy and brand equity standards.
- Optimistic: You are positive and always look for the favorable side of a situation.
- Curious: You have an intense desire to know, understand and grow.
- Resilient: You adapt. You bounce back and stay calm in the face of crisis.
- Courage: You are not fearful in the face of stress, conflict or danger.You speak up and take smart risks.
- Humility: You are modest in the estimate of your own importance.
- Empathy: You value the feelings, thoughts and attitudes of others.
- Design College Degree.
- 8+ years professional experience in design, brand or related creative industry.
- Working knowledge of necessary software applications and platforms, incl. Adobe Workfront
- Hands-on packaging design and brand management skills; familiarity with print and production
- Art direction (leading/guiding designers/agencies) and management experience (incl. creating briefs, managing timelines, deadlines, deliverables, budget)
- Digital design experience is big plus
- Industry experience in CPG / FMCG preferred
- Deep understanding of the principles of great design systems (i.e., color theory; typography, shape language, content design, tiering, etc.)
- Able to effectively and calmly ‘juggle’ multiple assignments at one time.
- Great Communicator and Storyteller. You must be persuasive, and have the ability to tell stories that influence people
- Energetic, enthusiastic and positive.
- Global Perspective. Curious about business.
- Planning/Priority Setting/Project Management/Budget Management.
- Manage ambiguity by adapting with agility to new demands and challenges.
- Great team player. Collaborative mindset.
- A diverse portfolio that showcases a variety of projects, including packaging, holistic campaigns, offline + online, etc.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.