Blockchain Engineer [Remote, NO C2C]
Engineering | Remote | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $75 - $125 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, ongoing project
+3 years of engineering experience
- Fluency in a systems-level programming language (Golang preferred)
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Blockchain Engineer for our client.
The blockchain engineering team at our client's is looking for a talented blockchain engineer to do foundational development work by helping to define and deliver against a coherent product roadmap.
As a Blockchain Engineer you would design, implement, deploy, and support blockchain architecture. Your work would both directly and indirectly affect multiple blockchains and their auxiliary systems. You should be comfortable with the core primitives of blockchain, including distributed systems, fault tolerance, security, cryptography, networking, microeconomics, and performance optimization. You should be willing to implement your work on any blockchain or on cross-chain platforms such as ChainBridge, Peggy, Rosetta, and Rainbow Bridge.
You’d optimize client's validators’ reliability, security, and availability while ensuring they interface elegantly with external blockchains. You’d help architect low latency, real-time microservices that support data relay from one validator to each other, or to external API services where users can monitor the network health and other telemetric data. You’d also read research papers from academia or industry and implement cutting edge solutions from them.
As a team member, you would be responsible for creating technically viable software with a team of senior engineers specializing in devops, distributed systems, system architecture, testing, and other related fields. You would be collaborating with some of the most diligent minds in the cryptocurrency industry on product direction, both on the core Sifchain team and among its partners, investors, and advisors.
Prior experience with blockchain projects is helpful but we are primarily interested in capacity to grow into the role. You should have prior experience in developing high-quality backend architecture and some passing knowledge of how such architecture principles should apply to blockchains. You should be willing to learn and extend the technical architecture of entirely new blockchain protocols.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Researching external blockchain systems, understanding how they implement solutions to core blockchain problems (such as consensus, account management, cryptography, fungibility, identity, data storage, and performance), and designing ways to integrate them
- Developing application-specific features such as liquidity pools, margin trading, liquidity mining, custom consensus logic, and order books into a blockchain at both the smart contract and protocol level
- Evaluating the microeconomic (decision theoretic and game theoretic) attributes of a cryptoeconomic design in terms of practicality, fairness, completeness, and capital efficiency, as well as identifying and documenting the relevant assumptions and externalities
- Deploying, testing, and benchmarking nodes (such as validators and miners) in many different cloud environments and with different configurations
- Developing with sound testing and debugging practices
- Creating technical documentation and well-commented code for open source consumption
- Collaborating with developers on all parts of the stack internally for auxiliary products such as wallets and block explorers
- Participating in open source development on shared resources with external development teams
- Communicating progress to developer community through Youtube, Telegram,
- Discord, and developer forums in coordination with a technical product manager
- Fluency in a systems-level programming language (Golang preferred).
- Experience with blockchain software development on at least one popular ecosystem such as
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cosmos, Polkadot, Chainlink, Tron, Stellar, Tezos, Neo, or another similar ecosystem
- Empathy with the user experience for cryptocurrencies; including software elements like wallets,
- block explorers, testnets, 3rd party custodians, and node status visualizers; text elements like developer documentation and tutorials; and event elements like price volatility, feature announcements, and partnership announcements
- Experience with developing complex software systems scaling to substantial data volumes or millions of users with production quality deployment, monitoring and reliability.
- Understanding of the tradeoffs of performance, compute, and memory and simultaneously optimize for all three.
- Experience with deploying complex applications on cloud platforms using a container orchestration platform, such as Kubernetes.
- Track record of working on hard problems including job scheduling, concurrency, and scaling.
- Strong familiarity with distributed programming models
- Ability to decompose complex business problems and lead a team in solving them
- Ability to think about protocol design, network design, and systems design from first principles
- Understanding of rational decision-making among agents and the systemic effects thereof
- 3+ years engineering experience
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.