Back End Developer (NodeJS + MongoDB) [Remote]
Engineering | Remote, - / +4 hrs from PDT | Full Time | From $50.00 to $65.00 per hour
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote Work from anywhere (Time Zone: CST | Partial overlap)
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $50 – $65/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - Long-term
Our client is looking for a Node.js Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. Some basic understanding of front-end technologies is assumed.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions: MongoDB Atlas, Redis, AWS Elasticache
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
- Knowledge and understanding of best security practices
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- CI/CD experience
- Express, Mongoose, AWS S3, SNS, SQS, Webhooks, OAuth2
- Experience developing REST APIs
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.