Back End Developer
Engineering | Remote | Full Time and Contract
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (Candidates must be located in the US)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $90 - $110 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Back End Developer for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Our client is a well-capitalized insurtech venture based in Hudson Yards, is looking for a Senior Back-End Node Engineer. We are energized by our mission to create an exceptional digital marketplace that will respond to the ever-changing landscape of consumer needs. You’ll be a valued member of a team of marketers, designers, engineers, product experts, and data strategists working together to realize this vision. You can thrive in a startup environment where you’ll have the opportunity to build from the ground up and leverage your passion to innovate and create technical solutions that fuel future growth.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design, build and continuously optimize the technology powering a best-in-class customer experience
- Understand business goals behind every feature creating solutions that launch amazing customer experiences
- Build secure, performant, scalable APIs
- Work side by side with a multi-disciplinary, diverse team to make meaningful decisions together
- Develop broad business skills and experiences
- Become obsessed with the customer and the relevant user journey data that informs strategy for the business as a whole
- Be lean in how you operate, always improving, always aligned to the bigger picture
- A minimum of 5 years back-end application, data and platform engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience with GraphQL, Nest, and Typescripe
- Strong experience with designing back-end server and serverless architectures with an emphasis on scalability, performance and extensibility
- Solid understanding of web services including defining and developing RESTful API’s
- Strong experience working with AWS cloud platforms
- An understanding of platform, application and data security
- Experience developing complex applications in an agile environment as part of a multi-disciplinary, diverse team of engineers, designers, product excerpts, marketers and strategists
- Experience with modern web application development, including build tools, testing and CI/CD
- Working knowledge of security best practices, specifically related to PII
- Excitement, energy, and strong people skills including excellent communication capabilities
- A nimble approach to thinking strategically while rolling up your sleeves and getting great work done
- Experience in a startup or venture-like operating model preferred
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.