Back End Developer
Engineering | Remote, - / +4 hrs from PDT | Contract | From $50.00 to $70.00 per hour
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $50 - $70 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long-term, ongoing project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and get a say in how the network is run with the BTRST token. We've onboarded some of the world's most reputable brands and now we need a Back End Developer for one of our clients.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Our Client is the fundraising platform that drives recurring donations. The average American is subscribed to 6.7 Subscription Services. We believe that giving back to your organization should be one of them.
- PHP, MySQL, and Redis
- Experience with AWS and DevOps
- Experience working with financial service APIs such as Stripe or Plaid (nice to have)
- Experience working with and scaling relational databases (nice to have)
What you’ll do
- Make architectural decisions as we scale our API backend and database.
- Be comfortable both with solving technical problems from scratch, and with leveraging tools and libraries.
- Produce high quality code while considering both technical factors (performance, extensibility, etc.) and product factors (user experience, business goals, etc.).
You'll do well in this role if this describes you:
Prioritization & team communication: A strong voice on the team and in daily decisions for making the right prioritization trade-offs to support our customers and users.
- Values alignment: Approach your work with sound product judgment, positive attitude, and clear goals.
- Managed and maintained production code at increasing scales: This is an early-stage startup and you will be doing both.
- Industry or business model experience: Experience in Vertical SaaS and/or FinTech startups are strongly preferred.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.