Back End Blockchain Engineer (Smart Contracts, RoR, Golang)
Engineering | Remote | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: PST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $80-100 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Blockchain Engineer for our client.
Only US candidates and citizens will be considered
This team is set to launch new security token offerings (STO) based on a blockchain-powered platform that will enable security tokens to be traded, cleared, and settled.
In keeping with the CSE's core philosophy of providing streamlined solutions to capital markets, this new platform is a natural fit with a primary use case of blockchain-based technology: improving the efficiency of transactions.
Purpose: To complete the development of our clearing and settlement blockchain contracts, and to implement/refine the API to be used by the front end portals, followed by the deployment and maintenance of the blockchain
The BlockChain Back End Software Developer duties include the following:
- Refining the existing contracts and building new ones with OpenZeppelin and Solidity
- Building secure REST APIs for use by a number of secure portals
- Deploy the blockchains in highly redundant environment following procedures that support our auditing requirements
- Support Operations and other users of the blockchains both during and outside of normal business hours
- Monitor logs to identify and remedy potential issues before they become a problem
- Analyze reported bugs and performance issues, and identify and implement remedies
- Build and run ad hoc reports when requested
- Undergraduate degree/certificate in computer science or information systems or a related field
- 1 years experience with Solidity
- 1 years experience with OpenZeppelin
- 3 years experience with recent versions of Ruby on Rails
- 1 years experience with Go-Lang
Nice to Have Qualifications:
- Experience in Financial Clearing and Settlement
- 6 months experience with GoQuorum
- 3 months experience with Svelte
- 1 month experience with web3.js
- 3 months experience with container orchestration (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.