Android Mobile Developer (Freelance, Remote, NO C2C)
Product Development | Remote, - / +4 hrs from PDT | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No C2C/agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote; Candidates must be based in the US or Canada
ESTIMATED HOURS PER WEEK: 40hrs (Full-time opportunity)
CONTRACT DURATION: Long-term, ongoing project
HOURLY RANGE: $60-$80/h
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need an Android Mobile Developer for our client.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Our client is looking for a Senior Android Engineer to join their Local Business Owner team focused on improving and building new mobile features and functionality for the small business owner personas. This team is focused on optimizing and improving mobile experience as majority (70-80%) of users access the platform via mobile. The majority of your time will be focused on mobile development on the Android app using Kotlin but they are also looking for someone who has a good understanding and familiar with modern networking stack, such as OkHttp, Retrofit, and GraphQL. Their app follows architecture that prioritizes for efficient modularization and dependency injection via Dagger and Gradle.
Some example features include:
- Sponsored listings
- Advertising management and reporting
- Campaign management
- Onboarding new businesses
- Setting up new business profiles
As part of the team, you will be working alongside and collaborating with other full stack and back-end engineers, product managers, and designers running in two-week agile sprints to continuously build and deploy new features and functionality while ensuring they work on the right things in the right way.
- 5+ years of Android development experience
- 2+ years of Kotlin experience
- Familiarity with MVVM architecture
- Experience with working on an app thats available in the Play Store
- Tools you will be using: Mac, Git, Jira/Asana/Trello, Datadog
- You think about “why we are doing things”
- Experience building and deploying app used by high volumes of users
- Strong testing, debugging and coding skills
- Strong fundamental understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- They operate like a startup so any small company or startup experience is very helpful!
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.