Maintenance | Arlington, VA | Part Time
Boutique Home Management is seeking a Maintenance Associate to join our team in the metropolitan region of Washington DC Reporting to senior management this hands-on position will be responsible for the overall maintenance of multiple high-end residential properties.
- Responsible for contracting and supervising third party services for plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and appliance repairs.
- Contribute to the achievement of client retention by effectively performing or directing maintenance efforts.
- Contribute to the achievement of financial goals through input and assistance in the administration of capital and operating maintenance budgets.
- Contribute to the capture of new accounts through input and assistance in the marketing of the company’s services.
- Responsible for timely and proper communication with home owners, tenants, management, colleagues, vendors and sub-contractors.
- Manage after-hours and emergency on-call coverage.
- Ensure expenses are within budget guidelines.
- Assist future maintenance staff, which includes; training, scheduling, coverage and customer service.
- Keep current on all applicable building codes, safety standards, OSHA, MSDS.
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED, Bachelor's or technical degree preferred.
- 5+ years hands-on experience in high-end residential operations and maintenance.
- Knowledge in carpentry, appliance repair, electrical, and plumbing.
- Industry certification/training for HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and building control systems preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must have own vehicle and maintenance tools.
- OSHA certification required.
- Experience with build outs and coordinating contractors preferred.
- Proficient with the operation and maintenance of Fire/Life Safety Systems.
- Proficient in MS Office software.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs, ability to stand for long periods of time, ability to walk, bend, and move frequently, ability to push, pull, and climb.
- Must have excellent communications skills, superior customer service skills, professional demeanor, strong work ethic, discrete, resourceful, ability to maintain confidentiality, ability to work collaboratively in a team, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, excellent time management skills, ability to adapt to changing priorities, ability to multi-task, ability to mentor, train and provide career path guidance to staff.
- Must be available to work off-hours.
- Successful completion of background check and drug screening required.