Unity Game Developer
Thruster | Addison, TX | Full Time
ABOUT Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is dedicated to creating high quality iPhone, iPad and Android applications. We believe exceptionally innovative technology not only enhances the way we do things—it redefines the way we live our lives. To us, iOS and Android are more than sophisticated mobile operating system—they are game-changing platforms uniting information, instant access and unlimited range to create entertainment and enterprise solutions.
The Thruster division of Bottle Rocket was established to leverage Bottle Rocket’s brand success with a laser focus on the fastest growing segment of apps – social, gaming and entertainment.
ABOUT working for Bottle Rocket:
We are a rapidly growing mobile development company at the forefront of the app revolution. We are on the Dallas Business Journal's Best Places to Work, The Dallas Morning News Top 100 Places to Work, repeatedly made the Inc. 500, and our owner was named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year for our region. We have developed and released over 100 high profile, premium brand experience apps for companies like A&E Television, American Express, Discovery Channel, ESPN, Food Network, National Geographic, NBC Universal, NPR, SPIN Magazine, and Starwood Hotels & Resorts, as well extremely popular games such as Doodle Bomb and Annoying Orange: Kitchen Carnage. Our apps are regularly featured in the press and have received critical acclaim. We estimate that over 15 million people use the apps we have built. These apps are just the tip of the iceberg. We continue to push the envelope of design and architecture and have literally dozens of new projects you may find very interesting.
Of course, such high visibility and growth comes with its own challenges. Our services are in such high demand that we need the most talented individuals, such as yourself, to continue to grow our brand, our organization, and our skill set. We can offer you as much challenge as you can handle! We have been wildly successful because we work hard for our clients, our end users, and for each other. We have staffed our teams with "A" players that do not accept anything less than the best from themselves and each other. This allows us to continually improve our work, our processes, and our vision.
ABOUT This Position:
Thruster is looking for talented Game Developers to help develop on our growing portfolio of mobile games. If you are passionate about performance, attention to detail and pushing the boundaries of what is possible… and want to be a part of imagining some great mobile games, we want to talk with you!
If you are interested in more than just a 9–to–5 job, are excited by working with a team of committed individuals, and want to make a difference in a young organization, then this is the place for you! This position is not about years of experience, industry background, or academics. It is about building great products, building great teams, and being excited about going to work every day!
We offer competitive salaries and have a full range of benefits including medical, dental and vision. We are a successful business and one of the most experienced app developers in the market. Come join us!
- Develop social, entertainment & game apps for iOS and Android platforms primarily using the Unity3D engine.
- Write clean, well documented and efficient code in C# / Objective C / Java while overcoming the challenges that are unique to mobile development.
- 2+ years experience with the Unity3D engine using C#
- Show examples of completed mobile (iOS or Android) projects using the Unity3D engine
- Full understanding of OOP principles and experience with multiple languages
- Experience implementing 3rd party APIs (plugins) to interface with Unity
- Experience with graphics and optimizations in real time 3D environments
- Effectively communicate with other developers, artists, project managers and producers
- Must be able to work proficiently on the Mac platform
- Must own an iPhone, iPod touch, iPad or Android smartphone / tablet (and have owned it at least a year)
- Experience with Cocos2D platform
- Mathematics / game programming degree