AWE | Addison, TX | Full Time
AWE, a TV Everywhere product for iOS and Android, is an expansion of the award winning app development company, Bottle Rocket. We are a rapidly growing product team at the forefront of the mobile TV revolution. Our team has developed and released several watch apps for networks like TNT, TBS, A&E, History and Lifetime. The apps we create are regularly featured in the press and app stores as we continue to test the boundaries of mobile video and work closely with the top networks to stay ahead of the curve. We have staffed our teams with "A" players that do not accept anything less than the best from themselves and each other. This allows us to continually improve our work, our processes, and our vision.
We believe exceptionally innovative technology not only enhances the way we do things - it redefines the way we live our lives. We love every minute of redefining how the world watches TV and want you to join the fun.
About Working for Bottle Rocket:
We are a rapidly growing mobile development company at the forefront of the app revolution. We have developed and released over 90 high profile, award-winning apps for companies like NPR, Discovery Channel, Disney, BET, American Express, AARP, Bravo, ESPN, SPIN Magazine, History Channel, as well extremely popular games such as Doodle Bomb and Annoying Orange Kitchen Carnage. Our apps often top the charts and win much-coveted industry awards like the People’s Voice Award at The Webbys, SPD Awards’ Tablet App of the Year and Variety’s Entertainment App Developer of the Year. We recently had our fourth app inducted into the Apple Hall of Fame, more than any other app developer. Bottle Rocket was also named one of The Dallas Morning News’ Top Places to Work in 2012.
Of course, such high visibility and growth comes with its own challenges. Our services are in such high demand that we need the most talented individuals, such as yourself, to continue to grow our brand, our organization, and our skill set. We can offer you as much challenge as you can handle! We have been wildly successful because we work hard for our clients, our end users, and for each other. We have staffed our teams with "A" players that do not accept anything less than the best from themselves and each other. This allows us to continually improve our work, our processes, and our vision.
About This Position:
The perfect UI designer for AWE is one that loves great design whether traditional or digital. Our most successful designers love UI design but came from a traditional graphic design background. The right candidate for us will be flexible enough to design the AWE UI and then design branded AWE communication all the while working well under pressure. The designer will need to work closely with the UX team during feature creation, development teams for art production, BD team for marketing materials and client teams to extend their brand to the AWE product. This is an opportunity to establish the holistic design of an industry-changing product and work with the exciting brands that have adopted it.
If you are interested in more than just a 9–to–5 job, are excited by working with a team of committed individuals, and want to make a difference in a young organization, then this is the place for you! This position is not about years of experience, industry background, or academics. It is about building a great product, working on a team of "A" players and being excited about going to work every day!
We offer competitive salaries and have a full range of benefits including medical, dental and vision. We are a successful business and one of the most experienced app developers in the market. Come join us!
- Deliver world-class user interface designs for iPhone, iPad and Android versions of AWE apps
- Translating design and requirements documents into User Interface Prototypes using a variety of tools and software
- Pencil sketches (hand skills are a plus) to work through UI options
- Design and creation of custom controls, icons, buttons, interfaces
- Design of product communication including but not limited to brand guidelines, product website, documentation templates, etc.
- Work in partnership with product leadership and engineering to deliver the desired experience on time and within budget
- Collaborate directly with large customers on their
- Occasional graphic production to support production- create art assets for iPhone, iPad and other mobile apps
- MUST have created concepts from scratch
- MUST have extreme Photoshop and Illustrator skills (expert or close to it)
- MUST have solid knowledge of HCI, navigation and usability for UI design
- MUST have mobile or interactive UI design experience and be able to show work
- MUST own an iPhone or Android phone (and have owned it at least a year)
- MUST provide a link to online portfolio or jpegs of work you have created.
- MUST be able to show your Photoshop files so we understand how you organize your layers, naming conventions, etc.
- MUST have extensive experience with creating graphics for low bandwidth distribution
- MUST have excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with a team made up of various disciplines.
- MUST be able to manage timelines, work on multiple projects at once, enjoy challenges
- MUST be a Mac user
- MUST be passionate about design
- MUST enjoy being a part of an AWEsome product team
- Designed multiple mobile apps that we can see in the app store
- Familiar with current UI design trends and UI design resources
- Branding experience
- Wireframe experience
- IA experience
- Stood in line to get your iPhone or iPad