Staff Engineer I (Senior Web Developer)
Engineering | Addison, TX | Full Time
ABOUT Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is an award-winning Dallas-based mobile strategy, design, and development company leading top brands like NBCUniversal, Coca-Cola, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, PetSmart, and Mary Kay through mobile innovation. Since 2008, we have developed over 180 (and counting) iPhone, iPad, and Android applications, as well as building experiences for streaming devices, wearables, VR headsets, and connected TV. To us, mobile and innovative technology is more than enhancements in our daily lives. They are game-changing platforms uniting information, entertainment, and enterprise solutions.
As a part of WPP, the world’s largest advertising and marketing services company made up of 150 different companies around the world including companies like Ogilvy & Mather, Young & Rubicam, JWT, Grey, Wunderman, and AKQA, we have the horsepower to expand not only in the industry, but across the world.
ABOUT working for Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is a rapidly growing mobile development company at the forefront of app revolution. Our team is comprised of mature, self-motivated professionals who bring passion to their craft. We do what it takes to get the job done, but never stop trying to improve ourselves and our services. By day, we sweat the details and build awesome mobile experiences – and our passion doesn’t end there. After hours, we’re those people standing in line for the latest games and technology. Bottle Rocket not only exceeds standards – we set new ones (and have fun while doing it).
We take pride in our employees and their future. We have repeatedly been named the Dallas Business Journal's Best Places to Work, The Dallas Morning News Top 100 Places to Work, and the Inc. 500. Our work has won an unprecedented number of Apple Hall of Fame awards.
We have even been featured on Forbes America’s Most Promising Companies List. And our Founder and CEO was named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year for our region.
Bottle Rocket will never stop pushing the limits of mobile design, information architecture, and capabilities of the platforms we embrace. We love embracing the impossible in game development, TV Everywhere, enterprise, commerce, publishing, and more. With tens of millions of users interacting with our work every day, Bottle Rocket’s future promises continued growth of both our capacity and capabilities in all areas of our business. We focus on tough problems, improving our work, and creating project plans to release the next award-winning app. If you are passionate about what you do and having fun while doing it, Bottle Rocket may be the place for you.
For more information about our craft, visit bottlerocketstudios.com.
ABOUT This Position:
- Assess client needs and provide architectural recommendations and scope for new projects
- Architect dynamic data-driven web experiences using various web-based APIs
- Apply proper design principles to projects and frameworks
- Provide accurate estimates of projects and features
- Mentor web engineers to help them develop their technical proficiencies
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members and teams
- Maintain and modify existing applications
- Initiate development standards and process improvements
- Assist in recruiting and hiring of new Engineers
- Communicate effectively and clearly with internal and external clients
- Maintain confidentiality of client credentials, components of statistical work, client documents and interfacing of their systems
- Monitor and track the latest developments and direction of web-based platforms
- Work closely with other developers to design, develop, test, implement and support new front-end applications, systems and tools
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- On the job training and research
- Work on internal documentation, training and other special projects, as required
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or relevant work experience
- Minimum 7 years experience working as a developer writing code
- Minimum 5 years experience working with common web frameworks such as Angular4, Typescript, and/or React
- Minimum 4 years experience in architecting and delivering complex web based applications
- Experience in communicating complex solutions to external clients, in a way that non-technical stakeholders would understand
- Experience in SCRUM and Agile methodologies
- Skilled in Angular4, Typescript, and/or React
- Experience building mobile and responsible web solutions with cross browser support
- Some knowledge of SEO, Accessibility and Internationalization/Localization
- Proven web architecture experience
- Familiar with Continuous Integration concepts and tools
- Good time management skills
- Strong communication skills with a high emphasis on the ability to explain technology in business terms and to express opinions clearly in a straightforward manner
- Self-driven and self-managed with the ability to operate effectively with minimum oversight
- Ability to make decisions regarding code building and knowledge of system design
- Able to work in a fast-paced, very team oriented environment
- Have a passion for technology and follow industry best practices
- Regular attendance at work is required for successful performance
- Past experience building and maintaining large commercial websites/applications
- Knowledge of various CMS tools and ability to provide recommendations based on client needs
- Demonstrated thought leadership experience – assess and research web technologies landscape, speaking at technology conferences, writing technical blog posts
- Some knowledge of voice technologies (Echo, Google Home) and API.ai
- Knowledge of cross platform mobile development tools
- Experience using Atlassian suite of tools - Confluence, JIRA, Stash
Contacts with this Position
- Work with all levels within the company. Interacts with clients and potential clients. Aids Business Development in sales pitches and technical assessments