Software Engineer | (Middleware)
Engineering | Addison, TX | Full Time
ABOUT Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket has been a thought leader at the intersection of transformative technology and business innovation since our inception in 2008. Headquartered in Dallas, we design and develop experiences for the Connected Customer that produce undeniable value for many of the world’s most distinguished brands. Our more than 450 award-winning experiences have set new standards in connecting people to what they want and are transforming how our clients compete and win in the marketplace. Bottle Rocket is a strategic partner within the world-wide WPP integrated communications network.
ABOUT working for Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is a rapidly growing custom development company at the forefront of the connected device revolution. Our team is comprised of mature, self-motivated professionals who bring passion to their craft. We do what it takes to get the job done, but never stop trying to improve ourselves and our services. By day, we sweat the details and build awesome digital experiences – and our passion doesn’t end there. After hours, we’re those people standing in line for the latest games and technology. Bottle Rocket not only exceeds standards – we set new ones (and have fun while doing it).
We take pride in our employees and their future. We have repeatedly been named the Dallas Business Journal's Best Places to Work, The Dallas Morning News Top 100 Places to Work, and the Inc. 500. Our work has won an unprecedented number of Apple Hall of Fame awards. We have even been featured on Forbes America’s Most Promising Companies List. And our Founder and CEO was named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year for our region.
It’s our duty to stay at the forefront of what’s next, and in our world, that means continuous innovation. It’s more than just a buzz word. It’s our day today and the heartbeat of our Rocketeers. We believe innovation is the result of curiosity and the desire to make a difference. Innovation is a strategic imperative we use to deliver relevant offerings to help our clients stay ahead of the competition. Innovation that rapidly turns into execution is our strength.
With tens of millions of users interacting with our work every day, Bottle Rocket’s future promises continued growth in all areas of our business. If you are passionate about what you do and having fun while doing it, Bottle Rocket may be the place for you.
To learn more, visit us at bottlerocketstudios.com.
ABOUT This Position:
You will be working with a team of developers to design and implement the responsive and scalable cloud-based services that power our award-winning mobile experiences. You will work collaboratively with subject matter experts to model and implement efficient business systems; researching and suggesting technical solutions that fit the client's requirements. We build backend systems for many domains, working to compose numerous 3rd party and custom-built solutions into a cohesive, asynchronous, well-documented API for our clients.
At Bottle Rocket, we seek T-shaped employees who take personal responsibility for the success of our projects, form a deep understanding of the client's domain and can develop and provide deep insight into the system and problem domain for our clients.
Previous Kotlin, Java, Scala, and/or functional programming experience is recommended but not mandatory. If you have strong technical experience solving problems and owning solutions we encourage you to apply!
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or relevant work experience
- Developing backend systems with JVM languages
- Delivering microservices and RESTful designs
- Experience with AWS or GCP
- Experience in communicating complex solutions to external clients, in a way that non-technical stakeholders would understand
- Experience in SCRUM and Agile methodologies
- Experience implementing and utilizing API Gateways
- Willingness and interest in functional programming concepts
- Relational/non-relational database experience
- Familiarity with Linux
- Work with fellow engineers and business stakeholders to understand requirements
- Learn new technologies quickly and effectively, as necessary
- Tremendous initiative and self-direction
- Working knowledge of Git and Git flow
- Experience working in agile teams
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) principles.
- Good time management skills
- Experience creating projects from the ground up to business requirements
- Strong passion for technology – the "geek gene" that loves to tinker, learn, and explore. This isn't a tag-line – tell us specifically what you're passionate about!
- Professional Kotlin or Scala experience
- Adept with functional paradigms (Haskell, Clojure, Scalaz or Cats)
- Open source contributions
- Technical blogs
- Active in local meetups or tech community
- Node.js experience