Software Developer (Kotlin)
Engineering | Addison, TX | Full Time
ABOUT Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket has been a thought leader at the intersection of transformative technology and business innovation since our inception in 2008. Headquartered in Dallas, we design and develop experiences for the Connected Customer that produce undeniable value for many of the world’s most distinguished brands. Our more than 450 award-winning experiences have set new standards in connecting people to what they want and are transforming how our clients compete and win in the marketplace. Bottle Rocket is a strategic partner within the world-wide WPP integrated communications network.
ABOUT working for Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is a rapidly growing mobile development company at the forefront of app revolution. Our team is comprised of mature, self-motivated professionals who bring passion to their craft. We do what it takes to get the job done, but never stop trying to improve ourselves and our services. By day, we sweat the details and build awesome mobile experiences – and our passion doesn’t end there. After hours, we’re those people standing in line for the latest games and technology. Bottle Rocket not only exceeds standards – we set new ones (and have fun while doing it).
We take pride in our employees and their future. We have repeatedly been named the Dallas Business Journal's Best Places to Work, The Dallas Morning News Top 100 Places to Work, and the Inc. 500. Our work has won an unprecedented number of Apple Hall of Fame awards.
We have even been featured on Forbes America’s Most Promising Companies List. And our Founder and CEO was named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year for our region.
Bottle Rocket will never stop pushing the limits of mobile design, information architecture, and capabilities of the platforms we embrace. We love embracing the impossible in game development, TV Everywhere, enterprise, commerce, publishing, and more. With tens of millions of users interacting with our work every day, Bottle Rocket’s future promises continued growth of both our capacity and capabilities in all areas of our business. We focus on tough problems, improving our work, and creating project plans to release the next award-winning app. If you are passionate about what you do and having fun while doing it, Bottle Rocket may be the place for you.
For more information about our craft, visit bottlerocketstudios.com.
ABOUT This Position:
*PLEASE NOTE, THERE MAY BE MULTIPLE LEVELS AVAILABLE. ACTUAL LEVEL WILL BE SPECIFIED AFTER SPEAKING WITH ONE OF OUR RECRUITERS OR HR REPRESENTATIVES. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE SEE WWW.BOTTLEROCKETSTUDIOS.COM.
You will be working with a team of developers to design and implement the responsive and scalable cloud-based services that power our award-winning mobile experiences. You will work collaboratively with subject matter experts to model and implement efficient business systems; researching and suggesting technical solutions that fit the client's requirements. We build backend systems for many domains, working to compose numerous 3rd party and custom-built solutions into a cohesive, asynchronous, well-documented API for our clients.
At Bottle Rocket, we seek T-shaped employees who take personal responsibility for the success of our projects, form deep understanding of the client's domain and can develop and provide deep insight into the system and problem domain for our clients.
Previous Kotlin, Scala, and/or functional programming experience is recommended, but not mandatory. If you have strong technology experience solving problems and owning solutions, we encourage you to apply!
- 3+ years developing backend systems with JVM languages
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or 2 years’ professional development experience
- Experience with microservice environments
- Experience with AWS or GCE
- Willingness and interest in functional programming concepts
- Relational/non-relational database experience
- Familiarity with Linux
- Work with fellow engineers and business stakeholders to understand requirements
- Learn new technologies quickly and effectively, as necessary
- Tremendous initiative and self-direction
- Strong passion for technology – the "geek gene" that loves to tinker, learn, and explore. This isn't a tag-line – tell us specifically what you're passionate about!
- Working knowledge of Git and Git flow
- Experience working in agile teams
- Professional Kotlin or Scala experience
- Adept with functional paradigms (Haskell, Clojure, Scalaz or Cats)
- Open source contributions
- Technical blogs
- Active in local meetups or tech community